Capture Point/FFA KOTH

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MoejoeAw44, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MoejoeAw44

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: FFA KOTH or Capture Point

What I want: (PLEASE NOTE: I'm not looking for a plugin where you /join an arena. I want it so you build a map, and select the area via worldedit, and they have to travel there, all protection of the arena will be with WorldGuard and Factoins Warzone.)
    I basically need a plugin for my server, and if you read the title, I need a Capturing Points plugin. It's an FFA (hit disabled between faction members) capture point, you need to stand on the set region for a set amount of minutes. After standing on it (for ex. 15 minutes), then a chest in the region will be unlocked ONLY for the player who captured the point. (If I tried opening the chest without capturing point first, it'd say something like "You have not captured KOTH, or point."). If KOTH (Capture Point) is captured, then you can no longer capture a KOTH until another one starts. Typing (/koth loot) a GUI would pop up with all the items that could possibly spawn in the chest after capping (capturing) KOTH/Point.

When a KOTH (Capture Point) is automatically started (every "x" amount of hours set), will broadcast "<KOTH NAME> is now active and uncontrolled.")
    It would broadcast every 30 seconds the current stage of the KOTH. (Either "<KOTH NAME> is uncontrolled (time left till KOTH is no longer capturable)" OR "Someone is controlling <KOTH NAME> (time left till KOTH is no longer capturable)".)

Ideas for commands: (/koth set <name> "Creates a KOTH") (/koth loot "Opens a GUI with possible rewards received by capturing KOTH") (/koth forcestart <name> "Starts a KOTH manually (usually for planned KOTHs) (/KOTH "Pops up a message saying the time of KOTH, and which KOTH")

Ideas for permissions: No permissions. All commands only for Operators. (Exept /koth loot and /koth [koth.loot koth.koth])

When I'd like it by: Any time, preferably some time this month.

Thanks in advance anyone who is glad to help!

2. Offline

MoejoeAw44

BUMP: I really think this is a good idea. Even an opinion would be helpful ;)

3. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 I have minigames pre coded, I guess I could edit one to your liking

4. Offline

MoejoeAw44

That would be amazing, I'd praise you if you did ;)

5. Offline

XgXXSnipz

6. Offline

MoejoeAw44

Is it possible for you to start any sooner? Not saying you have too, but I'm in a rush and leave for Vacation Friday night.

7. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 Cant, I have cross country meets and soccer, it is as free time eater, sorry :(

8. Offline

MoejoeAw44

Haha, alright. Thanks anyways. when you start on Friday, when do you think it'll be done?

9. Offline

MoejoeAw44

BUMP: XgXXSnipz Any known time when you start Friday? So I know how to plan.

10. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

MoejoeAw44 He probably starts when he is able to start. Bukkit isn't about rushing and deadlines.

11. Offline

MoejoeAw44

I just asked not totally expecting an answer at all. I was just asking, if he had the details, when aprox. he'd be done, a week, 2 weeks. So I know what to do in steps on my server to fit everything in orderly.

12. Offline

shmkane

MoejoeAw44 Copying server plugins iz naut kewl. First koth, then hcfactions? Planning to make a Kohi v2 I see.

13. Offline

XgXXSnipz

14. Offline

MoejoeAw44

I'm not planning to make a KOHI replica. I'm using some of their features yeah, not copying their server. It's not going to be HCF, I was planning to add a somewhat OP server with KOTH, and I was also going to use KOTH for ky KitPvP server. As for the Factions server, I really loved the aspect on KOHI that you couldn't be raided as easily.

15. Offline

MoejoeAw44

16. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 Bro, dont bump if the plugin is being made....

15987632 likes this.
  17. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz Sorry, I'm new to this Bukkit stuff

18. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 LOL, its ok, you may only bump every 24 hours and you can only bump if no one has officially said they will make it or it is being made, BTW plugin is going well

19. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz So you are officially making it? And thanks for letting me know I can only bump it every 24 hours. Saved me from getting in trouble. Do you have any known time-frame on when you think the plugin will be complete? Thanks again!

20. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 Umm, IDK im currently working on another plugin as well this should be done as soon as that one is it should take to long

21. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz Does that mean it will take a while? orr....

22. Offline

XgXXSnipz

23. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz Ouch! When you said you'd start Friday, I thought you meant it'd be done within a week or 2. I can't wait wait this long. I might try and find someone else, if that's not to mean sounding.

24. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

He is actually your best shot. Minigames take a long time to create, most developers are not up to that.

25. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 LOl your HILARIOUS you expect a minigame done in a week or too, good luck bro im backing out now

26. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz I didn't mean it in the way you're taking long, I've just seen a lot of people requesting plugins and they're done within a few hours. I figured my request was big so I thought it'd take longer. I had no idea plugin developing took that long. I'm sorry for being extremely rude, I guess my thoughts were just, wrong.

timtower ^^

XgXXSnipz Again, I'm extremely sorry. I don't expect you to come back, I'd just like you to know, I didn't know it took that long to make those kind of plugins, as I said above, I'm new to this kind of stuff. I was being extremely rude and I hope you forgive me, not that you would.

27. Offline

XgXXSnipz

28. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz Haha, I'm guessing you don't forgive me?

29. Offline

XgXXSnipz

MoejoeAw44 Well, I do but that wasnt very cool to do that I spent time doing this, I gave up time with my girlfriend for this, so im just upset

30. Offline

MoejoeAw44

XgXXSnipz As I said, I'm so sorry for my actions. If there is anything I can do to make up for my actions, let me know. Because again, I hardly know bukkit. So I didn't know it took long. I really need this plugin, but at this point, I'm willing to wait a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.