Capes Plugin Server side now client download

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Vidsify, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Offline

Vidsify

Plugin category: FUN

Suggested name: SimpleCapes

What I want: I would like a plugin that you can create capes server side with out the user having to download a client mod to view them. All the plugins I have found that offer capes your are required to download a client mod. Also most of them have been addons to SpoutCraft. Which again I'm not very fond of.

Ideas for commands: Like being able to reload the plugins config, disable/enable it etc

Ideas for permissions: Not really sure about this. It could be depending on what permission you have what cape you get. So they might have to permissions you define in the config or something

When I'd like it by: Whenever no rush

I really hope this is possible to do.

Thanks in advance

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Vidsify Not possible with bukkit or even without client mods.

3. Offline

JuicyDev

Ever thought to wonder why they require a client mod or spout?

Because it is impossible to do in Bukkit without changing the player's skin to another player's skin which has a cape. Which wouldn't allow for custom capes.

timtower
    ugh, ninjad

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  4. Offline

MCMastery

timtower Lord of the rings mod has capes.

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Indeed MOD. We aren't making mods on here. Said that it wasn't possible without them.

6. Offline

JuicyDev

You say mod? As in a forge/liteloader mod? Plugins are unable to give player's capes, it's all done as part of the clients rendering.

EDIT: ninja'd again

7. Offline

MCMastery

OH I looked quickly and I thought you said "it is impossible even WITH mods" [sheep]

8. Offline

Vidsify

That's a shame. Thanks anyway