Cant keep up!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by turtlelink2, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turtlelink2

Common problem, but why? my server is using 304,200k of its 3.5gb limit and is making people lag. running windows 7 64bit with this startup

@Echo off
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx3500M -Xms3500M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    I have tried it without -Xincgc but same effect.

One extra note, my wireless card does not cooperate with the 64bit system so it might be there.

2. Offline

anon

Probably its using too much CPU, not all cpu, but as server is single cored, its using too much of taht core. No fix for this so far.

3. Offline

turtlelink2

Hmmm it is at 100%, but it did not do this until I updated to 617 it was fine with 556

4. Offline

anon

Yay, our team has one more member. http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/high-cpu-usage.8295/

Im sorry for you, every update more people join the "high CPU fucking with my server" team. You will have a looong time to solve this. Seems to be mob related thou, but nobody is very sure of what the hell the problem is. Some say its thousands os squids, some say its invisible slimes, ghost minecarts, map too big, all sort of problems.

I myself have no idea, the fact is that my main server, with mobs on, and my 400mb map takes 80% usage of a core with 10 players. If a host at home, 10 players, mobs off, semi-new map of 100mb it takes 30% of usage of a almost same cpu as my server. I have no idea why.

5. Offline

turtlelink2

WOLVES! when all else fails blame the wolves...

6. Offline

AgentKid

lolno the wolves are too cute to do anything so evil. Do you have BigBrother on your server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.