Can't get Run.bat file to work

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by vianilambo, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

vianilambo

I have ben trying to update my server, and due to the fact that the craftbukkit.jar file name was different, I changed the run.bat file to reflect the new name of the .jar file. I run the .bat file and it tells me it cannot access the .jar file. Here's some info:

.jar file: craftbukkit-1.1-R4
    What the .bat says:

Echo OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.1-R4
    PAUSE

This is not the new craftbukkit. I tried to update, couldn't get it to work, tried to go back to what I had. Same problem. This info is what I had before, and am trying to get to work now. Help please.

Viani Lambo

2. Offline

flamedaces

my start script:

:begin
    Echo OFF
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\JRE7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx4096M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit.jar"
    goto begin

but because some people think it's not going to work because of blah blah blah (works fine for me), i modified it a bit
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\JRE7\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx4096M -jar "%~dp0craftbukkit.jar"
    PAUSE

EDIT: damn @ thingy. quit linking to the user 'echo'

3. Offline

vianilambo

Nope, now says "cannot find path specified."

4. Offline

tr4st

Your filename for your CraftBukkit files is still w/o an extension like .jar right?
    Did you have taken a look at your Java Install Path, if there is an installation?

5. Offline

vianilambo

Yeah, I just fixed it. Thanks so much for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.