Can't connect to my server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Astireloth, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

klutch2013

@mughi i have seen issues with windows 7 sp1 in general not really related to Minecraft issues, but i do know its buggy currently

2. Offline

Astireloth

You know what? I just downloaded Bukkit to my laptop and hosted a server without plugins and tried to connect with my main PC.. It was successful. Could it really be that Service Pack 1 is the key of this problem? :eek:

3. Offline

klutch2013

@Astireloth im having a friend test it out on his Win7 SP1 machine right now, i will report back within 3 minutes.

4. Offline

Astireloth

Okay. Could you test it like this:
    Host machine: Windows 7 SP1
    Client machine: Windows 7 without SP1
    Then the situation would be just as mine.

5. Offline

klutch2013

@Astireloth i actually just had a friend test it out on his Windows 7 that has SP1 and i was able to connect fine, so its still not fixed sorry :/

and yes, he has SP1 and i don't.

6. Offline

Astireloth

What the.. this made this whole thing much more confusing. :( Thank you anyway

7. Offline

EvilSeph

SP1 isn't buggy at all.

8. Offline

klutch2013

Yes this is very very odd, your positive you portforwarded correctly and / or your internal IP isn't changing often.

if that still doesn't work i can honestly say i have run out of ideas and maybe you should think about running rhe server on your laptop instead?

its more of a program functionality issue, some programs aren't updated for SP1 and sometimes that can cause issues

sorry about double post..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  9. Offline

Astireloth

Yes, I'm sure that I portforwarded correctly and everytime I tried to connect I checked my internal IP with ipconfig.

10. Offline

heepsy92

I think im getting the same problem, i can connect with my IPv4 Address but when i used the IP i got of http://www.whatismyip.com/ it takes for ever to do anything then i just get timed out. I followed this video on making my server http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcqDIAZd15Y and i used ppchecker to see if my ports were open and it said they were.

11. Offline

mughi

if the ports were wrong, the server console wouldn't have anything in it..

this is a firewall or something similar.

this is why linux makes a better server :)

please start a new thread for your problem

edit: sorry, that was kind of rude. Please start a new thread because this thread deals with a very strange variant , and it will be confusing trying to troubleshoot two different issues.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. what craftbukkit are you on again? this looks like a 714 error..

13. Offline

Astireloth

14. try going to the newest. even though i don't think that will help. looks like a weird firewall issue..
    shakes head

15. Offline

Astireloth

Yeah. It looks like a firewall issue, but I've opened ports and have tried without any firewall, spyware or antivirus softwares running on backroung.

16. weird. the server just disconnects with endOfStream?

17. Offline

Astireloth

Yup. First it says on the console "Read timed out" and then comes the line with "endOfStream"
    But that happens only when someone else tries to connect to my server. If I connect to it with my host PC, it works fine.

18. must be firewall. what if you turned windows firewall of?
    oops, you tried that.
    Uhm, are you sure port fowarding is set up. what if you manually set it to use a port in server.properties and port fowarded that.
    theoretically, that port COULD be in use. doubt it...

wait. can you post your server.properties please/

19. Offline

mughi

not sure if this will work, but go to start, type in services.msc
    find windows firewall
    STOP IT
    try to connect

this MIGHT be more effective than disabling the firewall via the normal interface, since MS likes to 'help' users.
    this SHOULD completely shutdown the firewall

do it on server first, then client AND server

if it works, at least we'll know what to look at.
    if it doesn't, it won't prove much though

any chance you have an atheros network card in your server?

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/cannot-connect-from-external-ip-read-timed-out.14892/#post-251635

20. Offline

Astireloth

If the port is already in use then the server should say something about it. Or atleast it did when I accidentally started 2 minecraft servers with the same port.

Will try this when I'm back at home. I'll update later. :)

Actually, yes. My host PC has atheros. Also I have ASUS motherboard as the guy in that thread you linked, but mine is ASUS M4A78T-E

21. Offline

Skylerwjacobs

change your server port. Windows 7 disagrees with port 25565 for some odd reason. i had this happen with my server. open cmd and check "netstat -an" anything with */* for a port will work for the server port. After doing this make sure the new port is forwarded. this should help your problem (did for mine). =D

with this solution you must add the port # after the ip address. Ex: 111.1.111.111:45343

22. that might fix it, but mine works fine on windows 7. just sayin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.