Solved Cannot resolve certain Effects

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ShowbizLocket61, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ShowbizLocket61

I have a bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2.jar as a dependency, but it seems like all the visual Effects I have are limited to MOBSPAWNER_FLAME, SMOKE, ENDER_SIGNAL, POTION_BREAK, and STEP_SOUND.
    The javadoc has much more: https://hub.spigotmc.org/javadocs/spigot/org/bukkit/Effect.html
    How can I use an effect such as Effect.POTION_SWIRL?

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@ShowbizLocket61
    Could the issue be that your server is 1.7 and the docs are 1.8?

3. Offline

mcdorli

Effect isn't fhe best solution for particles, try to use packets (link in my signature)

4. Offline

AppleBabies

5. Offline

mcdorli

No, it is not. It does a lot of bad things, and has a lot of unneccesary "features"(e.g. For visiblity, it requests a short or a float, I don't remember, instead of a boolean). For particles, it is pretty easy, to send a packet.

Code:
    PacketPlayOutWorldParticle packet = new PacketPlayOutWordParticle(EnumParticle.FIRE, true, 100, 100, 100, 1, 1, 1, 1, 10);
    ((CraftPlayer) player).getHandle().playerConnection.sendPacket(packet);

Note: For the correct constructor, read this.

6. Offline

ShowbizLocket61

@Zombie_Striker
    The server is 1.8. I also found a 1.8 bukkit repo for my dependencies. Now, I can use Material.PRISMARINE_SHARD, but the Effects list is still the same.

@mcdorli
    That sounds nice, but I have no clue whatsoever about how particles work or how to use them. Is there a tutorial somewhere? And I don't seem to be able to resolve or have an import quick fix for it.

@AppleBabies
    I'll look into that, but I'd rather not use a library. Thanks! :)

Packets work great, thank you @mcdorli !

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  7. Offline

mcdorli

Is your problem solved

8. Offline

ShowbizLocket61

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.