Cannot make modifications to net.minecraft.server classes

Discussion in 'Resources' started by chzddlz, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chzddlz

java: "1.6.0_26" jre and jdk installed
    wrappers: n/a

cb build: 03:36:55 git-Bukkit-8e37caf (MC: 1.6.6) This server is also sporting some funky dev build of Bukkit!
    server run command: default batch included with cb

plugins: n/a

error: modified files inside net/minecraft/server are not being reflected in the built jar

I am new to git and mvn, so it may be a configuration issue. I will be happy to provide anymore information that i need to.

All im wanting to do is modify the server to check my local site instead of minecraft.net for 'premium' logins.

2. Offline

Tux2

Instead of modifying the minecraft server you could just modify your hosts file to point to your computer. It is located in /etc/hosts on a Mac and Linux computer and C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on a Windows computer. Just add a line like this to the end:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 minecraft.net

Just replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP that you want it to connect to.

3. Offline

Pencil

Wouldn't every user have to do that then? I think the guy wants it so everyone that connects to his server isn't autenthicated with the mcservers but instead with his own server/something...
    @chzddlz
    There are some plugins out there like xAuth that could do that for you!

Tux2 likes this.
  4. Offline

chzddlz

Well I'm already using authDB for offline authentication, but I have a modified client and launcher that checks my servers instead of the MC servers, and it seems redundant to login twice to place on the server. So I figured I would modify the server to check with mine instead of the MC server.

But I'm about to just settle for the AuthDB solution and be done with it, it really isn't _that_ big of a deal. Plus I wouldn't have to compile a new version of Bukkit every 2 weeks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.