Can ToS changes be retroactively enforced?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by caseif, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

caseif

I had some code in my plugin which pinged my website to check the stability of the version. It was doing no harm, and worst case scenario, the website returned something unexpected and the plugin logged that it couldn't fetch the build stability. My new build of it was deleted, however, due to an apparent change in the guidelines which prohibited this sort of thing. I argued against the rejection at first, but the moderator explained the situation, and I accepted it. However, he also deleted a file which had been approved maybe a month prior so as to enforce this change. This obviously presents a bit of an inconvenience to me, and I'm frankly a little annoyed by this. At this point, the latest version of the plugin is now only available through Jenkins, which a naïve server owner might be somewhat reluctant to click due to its threatening warning. Is retroactive enforcement permitted? If so, I'm frankly a bit peeved by this power.

2. Offline

zeeveener

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.