Can the command block work with bukkit commands?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by nuke21, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nuke21

So the command block works for commands like /tp etc, things that regular servers have, but options like /back or /j etc do not work with it for some reason. Any ideas? I thought the command block basically put whatever the command is on the block, on the player. Like if it was just set to /back, the player would basically have that command typed and activated for them.

2. Offline

Deleted user

Command Block only works with vanilla commands.

tl;dr
    The only commands that work with it are the vanilla ones.

3. Offline

Necrodoom

that is not true, all plugins work with it, aslong as they dont discard the command (command block is treated as console)

TnT likes this.
  4. Offline

nuke21

So how does the /back command not work in my server then on the command blocks? What am I doing wrong?

5. Offline

jorisk322

6. Offline

batbat

Possibly because the Command Block needs a target designated? Not sure.
    But I know that on my command blocks almost all of the commands need to have something like @p (for closest player) to work. Because the command is essentially being triggered by a Non-player (button or pressure plate) and doesn't know that YOU want to teleport back. Whereas the /back command, when typed in, is applied to the player issuing the command.

7. Offline

Lonesface

If you're using essentials you would do "/sudo username command". And as long as the player has permissions for that command, it will execute the command as the player.

note: permissions for 'command', not 'sudo'.

NathanG_ likes this.
  8. Offline

nuke21

I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean. I am OP and have all commands in permission bukkit. It doesn't matter if I put /@p back or /back in the command block, it still doesn't do the /back command.

9. Offline

LiLChris

If you can not do it in the console it will not work in the command block, simple as that. :p

Use "sudo @p back" instead for commands that have to be run by a player.

10. Offline

Necrodoom

thats not how the commandblock works. the @p replaces a playername arugment, not sets the command to execute as someone. lilchris's suggestion, /sudo @p back (with essentials) will do what you want, as long as the player has access to /back.

11. Offline

nuke21

Thank you necrodoom and lilchris! That did work! But just curious, how? I never had to use the word "sudo" before nor do I know what it is really for. If I want to use commands that works in chat in bukkit that don't work with the command block in single player, I assume I have to do /sudo infront of every one of those commands?

12. Offline

Necrodoom

./sudo is an essentials command that allows you to execute a command as someone else. it happens to be very useful for commandblocks.

13. Offline

nuke21

Oh cool, so if people don't actually have access to a command, as long as it says /sudo it will give them access for that moment?

14. I griefed a server using command blocks
    //set tnt over and over again...

Also /kickall
    That was fun :D

15. Offline

Necrodoom

no.. it allows you to do a command as someone else, provided they have the permission.

16. Offline

nuke21

Oh okay. Thank you very much for explaining this to me. This will make my map so much better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.