Can I use non Bukkit mods on a Craftbukkit server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by crazz2323, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

crazz2323

Ultimately, I am looking for a good mod that adds a lot more recipes to Minecraft. I know you can't create new items as one of the what plugins are not able to do post so my question is Can I use non Bukkit mods on a Craftbukkit server if all the clients have the mod installed?

2. Offline

pyraetos

No, you cannot. The closest thing would be to use Spout and SpoutCraft, but you will not be able to use the SP mods with which you are familiar.

3. Offline

crazz2323

Well, I also use Spout particualarly for a RPG mod called MCMMO to get the XP bar, so do I just look for mods for Spout on their site? So all the mods on Planetminecraft.net are a no go with craftbukkit huh? Too bad. I do not care about single player, My brothers and I play together so I want mods that work with multiplayer. It is not a problem to load the mods on the client if thats what it takes to get it to work. So I am out of luck then unless I just use a regular minecraft server and download multiplayer mods from planetminecraft?

4. Offline

pyraetos

No, a mod that works on multiplayer cannot modify recipes, blocks and other things sent from server to client. You should just do a search on BukkitDev for spout and you'll find a lot of plugins which work with Spout to send custom stuff to SpoutCraft clients.

5. Offline

crazz2323

Ok. So there is no way to add mobs/items to a craftbukkit server at all? I was not seeing much towards this with spout. I saw some chatter on the dev post about Itemcraft that would allow this but it is inactive. Any other plugins that allow it that you know of? Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. I'm pretty new to all this stuff.

6. Offline

pyraetos

I don't know of any specifically, but you should be able to find some just by searching Custom Blocks. I know that custom blocks and materials are possible in Spout, I myself have made a (unreleased) custom item Plugin.

7. Offline

crazz2323

Thanks, yeah i have been searching and not finding much. Just wanted to add more recipes and creatures to the game ... oh well.

8. Offline

dinoman411

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.