Can I make custom advancements with my plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by TurtlesBeast23, Oct 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

Hi,
    I'm wondering if I can make custom advancements with my plugin on the new 1.12.2 update. Here's one of the examples of the advancements I want to make:

Avoid the evil librarian
    Confront another user, animal or monster and attempt to murder, hinder or otherwise harm them with a book or bookshelf.

Liquid Craver
    Manage to refill or consume your water bottle 5 times within a timeframe of 30 minutes. You must be extremely thirsty, a crisis is occurring or you are attempting to cause a drought ineffectively!

Rebel
    Purchase an $100 coke bottle which all you had an intention to do was put in Mentos and open the bottle in another user's face.

I also want all their advancements to be synced to an SQL database so whether their on the website or game they can see their advancements. They can also select to send a notification to their friends if they get a new advancement.

Additionally, when other users are on our website and view your profile, your advancements are visible to them in accordance with your privacy settings.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
    TurtlesBeast23

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  2. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

So, it's been a couple of days and this post has 100's of views but still no replies at all.

3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@TurtlesBeast23 Been 26 hours max, not a couple days.
    Custom achievements are possible indeed, checking them is the most difficult task.

4. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

Oh, ok. Thanks :) I've just been waiting so long I thought it was a couple of days

5. Offline

mine2012craft

6. Offline

TurtlesBeast23

I didn't realize making advancements was possible!

EDIT: It's still only partially resolved. I still need a method to check a user's advancements. Also, I might be using that advancements API to make custom notifications! :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.