can anybody update a hide-nameplate(overheadname)-plugin?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by o0Julia0o, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi :) there are some hide nameplate-mods. Can anybody update one of them, because the author doesn´t update them anymore.

I like a hide-nameplate-plugin, becaus i can use it on roll-playing servers. So player have to aks for names & remember it by the skin. Or you can use hebroine & scare others, etc. The plugin should make it possible to hide the nameplate, but keep the skin & alway hide the nameplate - not just if the player is sneaking.

HeroSkneak:
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mi...sneak-plugin-to-hide-your-name-302-1337.4869/

AutoSneak:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/autosneak/

thx

julia :)

2. Offline

Postkutsche

3. Offline

CreeperShift

o0Julia0o

Du könntest es auch mit diesem Plugin hier versuchen:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nametagedit/

Brauchst aber 1.5 oder 1.5.1, hier kannst du einfach für jede gruppe nen prefix/suffix erstellen. In deinem Fall waere dass dann einfach &k als suffix fuer jeden Gruppe!

Funktioniert auch als Admin ;)

4. Offline

Postkutsche

CreeperShift this is an english forum, please stop writing german so others can understand an use your solution, too.
    o0Julia0o PermissionsEX is the worst permission plugin existing (e.g. it overrides bukkitcode), the problem is that you have every permission - you have to negativate them for you.

P.S.: I'm from germany, too, but trying to keep this forum english - in a private conversation german is fine.

The word "worst" just shows that it has or produces more problems than any other permission plugin does, it's perfectly used there.

o0Julia0o I could write you a simple plugin using TagAPI to obfuscate the names, just tell me if you need it - will cost me a few minutes to do so.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  5. Offline

CreeperShift

Postkutsche
    Looking over this thread, I have deleted my posts because it was all off-topic. You should probably do the same. I think you are an idiot because you go all crazy on how PEX is the worst thing ever yet you have nothing to show for yourself.
    Lot's of things have flaws, but it's really impressive to go all "it sucks, it's the worst" etc on it when I'm sure it works for many many people running servers out there.

(Note, I've ran PEX on my old server for over idk 5-6 months and never have I had a single issue with it ;). I simply love the intuitive commands, that was the only reason I chose it. )

6. Offline

Postkutsche

I'm using PEX since the end of YetiPermissions and thinking of it as a bad plugin for about 5-7 months now (after my newbie phase as a developer). If I had the possibility to do so I would have switched to any other permission system available. Sadly our server has a webinterface based on its database structure and I'm not having the time to look over all the code overthinking and replacing all the SQL-Statements to change to another plugin, our web developer is very busy as well. As you can see we are currently stuck on PEX and I really hate to be...
    Please stop calling me an idiot out of nothing, I got a lot of (bad) experience using PEX.

Furthermore if you mean by "nothing to show" that I haven't got a single plugin released on BukkitDev, that's just your side of view. I developed plenty of plugins for Minecraftler, a german server I'm Admin on, and our quite successful Hunger Games Network we've released about three months ago.
    I would have published some plugins if I had a unique idea, which hasn't already been implemented thousand of times.

7. wow, that would be nice. I am using http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nick-namer/ too(and it uses, TagAPI, too). Your plugin must be compatible with nick namer...

thx

8. Offline

Postkutsche

o0Julia0o I'm now back from vacation and will start the plugin right after finishing the little rest of my german homework - I may have finished the plugin this afternoon.

9. if julia would be a guy nobody would answer this, gj julia :p

Lactem likes this.
  10. Offline

CreeperShift

You really think anyone believes pictures on the internet?

11. if we take a look at the answers, + ammount, yes i do :)

12. sounds nice, postkutsche :)

-lol guys-

13. Offline

CreeperShift

I help ever thread like this, no matter what the picture.

Besides, the amount of text was between me and postkutsche about him talking down on pex ;)

14. -_- it was sarcasme/joke, maye ur joke/sarcasme detector has failed(or mine) but don't think im really like yeah help that poor girl,.. -_-

15. Offline

CreeperShift

Well kind of hard to tell if it's sarcasm or not if you act like every lazy teenager and write like this ;) :pPP

16. sorry

17. Offline

Aelanna

Did anything come of this? I am looking for a way to turn nameplates off in a pvp world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.