Camera Crew Needed for a Live LetsPlay Series!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Daniel Few, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Daniel Few

Hello everyone,
    Recently we have started up a lets play series. We record every Saturday at 9pm and the videos are uploading to our YouTube channel on Sunday.
    We livestream our recording sessions to our channel at livestream.com and are looking for a small camera crew to help us with the live sessions!

The requieremnts are:
    • a computer that can run minecraft smoothly with the programs needed running.
    • Skype installed
    • Livestream Procaster installed
    • Be comfortable talking on voice chat, however your voice will not be recorded
    • Be patient and able to follow instructions
    • Have the default minecraft texture pack enabled while recording
    • Have zombe fly mod installed + the settings file I send you enabled.
    • Be free on a Saturday at 8.30 - 9.30pm*(GMT) (please see important points)
    You may also need:
    • Teamspeak or Vent installed
    Important points:
    • While we are recording, you desktop will be streamed to viewers. This will mean that you can not change from Minecraft during the recording session.
    • You will be in two voice chats, so we will need to work out how this will work: the call on Skype will be the players in LetsPlay and either on Vent or Teamspeak you will be talking to me who is controlling what camera's come up when. This way I can tell you when you are live and when your not.
    • *The live show starts at 9, however we log in at 8.30 to sort out any issues. It would be most helpful if you can do as many episodes as possible, however if for some reason you are unable to do it one week, it's not the end of the world, we just won't have all three camera's.
    The System:
    The way it works is that when we stream, you all will follow one of the five letsplay players. I will help you in making good camera angles. I (DanJames) will be directing at the LiveStream Studio and I will be able to switch between the active camera's.

I haven't quite worked out a system yet, however this is my plan.
    1. You follow a player who has something interesting happening to them
    2. When that player's interesting moment has ended, you wait about 5 seconds and then move onto someone else.
    Each of you will have to be telling the others who you are following so you don't clash, and if at any time you need to de-activate your camera, just tell me and I'll switch.
    I will be able to preview each of your camera's to make sure I'm switching to something interesting.

If all of the players are in one place, just space yourselves around so I can shoot them from different angles to give a different effect. Eg if they are in the cave, each of you will be positioned in a different room and maybe one outside.

You will be on as Skype call with you mic. muted to the LetsPlay players so you know whats happening to them.
    Also, it's important that you do not fly infront of someone who is filming, and only tell me to switch when you have still, clear shot.

Links:
    myCraft LetsPlay YouTube: www.youtube.com/mycraftserver
    myCraft LetsPlay LiveStream: www.livestream.com/mycraftletsplaylive
    myCraft Livestream: www.livestream.com/mycraftlive
    myCraft Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MyCraft/134177219992580

Twitter: @mycraftserver
    Windows Live: [email protected]
    You can also add my server Facebook page for chat but we can discuss that when we need to.

If you are interested, please reply and we can arrange a instant chat session to discuss further.
    We do have a lot of fun and having it Live makes it much more fun!
    If you need ANY more information, whatever it is, please just ask!
    -DanJames

Credits:
    Director/Cameraman: Daniel Few: DanJames
    Jake Few: Hillo1212
    Nathan: Mehwillkillyous
    Daniel Cherry: OiDaniel
    Alex Sparks: Collosos
    Hayden: Falco77

If you would like more information, please either post here or add me on skype.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  2. Hey there, added you on Skype.

3. Offline

lastof

It might help people if you clarify what timezone the 9pm is in. Odds are my 9pm is different than yours.

4. Offline

Daniel Few

Good point.
    It's all in GMT.
    Sorry for the confusion.
    -DanJames

Anyone else?
    Spots filled: 1/3 - please reply if you want to.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

Daniel Few

Still needed if your interested.

Last Post, if your interested please contact me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.