Buyable and Sellable Plots

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by iSushi, Feb 5, 2011.

?

Did you like this idea? (personal curiousity)

1. Yes, I really liked it. And I'd like to work on it!

36.4%
  2. Yes. (comment please)

63.6%
  3. No, It's silly.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Needs more information/Messy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

iSushi

I've tried several times over to make this by mixing tons of plugins into each other, and after waiting a long time to some plugins to get ported and so on.
    I can't wait anymore; I want a plugin where users can buy their own anti-greif plots. I'm making a PvP server WITH allowed greifing and 46/tnt use. So the buyable plots would be neccecary for angry users not liking greif.

So here's my idea made into a feature list:
    I got three ideas in ways to do this, if somebody is going to make this, I'd like all the three ways to be toggable in a config file.

The "Admins set up, users upgrade way" (Holo)
    • Buyable plots with signs! (More info below)
    • Names on plots.
    • No limits on how many plots a user can have .
    • Set up by an admin, cuboid protection style.
    • Alternate signs with upgradeable restrictions (no creepers/no 46 etc.)
    • If no signs are sat up by an admin next by the plot, users can use commands to extend. (example: /plots upgrade "My house" (default is 10x10))

Side note:
    "Something": is a string, and would be the defined name for the plot.​

The "Admins set up, user limited and expandable plots way (Yoko)

• Buyable plots with signs like on the other one.
    • The users can ONLY have one plot at all times, more plots for each player makes this complicated as this metode doesn't use any form of naming the plot.
    • Spots can be pointed out by Admins. And a "buy plot" sign will appear close to the spot.
    • Fixed size 10x10 or 15x15 or a more defined way done by the admin ( /plots make 10x15)
    • The admins have to set up a Upgrade post, somewhere in the world. (more on upgrade posts and why below)
    • Again, Upgradeable restrictions. (needs to be sat up in upgrade post)

*This way uses NO commands, NONE AT ALL. They all run on signs.​
    Except if you invite a friend over to build.​

The "Do it yourself way" (Grey)
    • User points out block and names it, this block becomes the users plot with protection, if the player got the money of course.
    • Fixed size (Sized in config, no exceptions)
    • Upgradeable restrictions and extendable. Sign or no signs use.
    What they all got in common:
    • In the config file, a max limit for how many plots a player can have.
    • Admins (or specified groups/player) can extend this limit.
    • iConomy support on everything, this means, buy a plot (depends on what "mode" you use), you gotta pay for it.
    • Permissions support, Some users can do more than others. So some users may have "admin" powers.
    The technical features:

UGH, SIGN LOOKS UGLY!, including usage:
    Since we CANNOT, get all of this "code" on one sign and it looks rather ugly with all the "code", I suggest to have a text file on the server to store it all.

• Holo:
    SIGN BUILD AND SETUP:
    Line 1: [Plots]
    Line 2: My plot (this is the name of plot)
    *Rest of lines is text/comments and doesn't matter*

In the Holo version, after setting this up. It does NOTHING AT ALL. The Admin have to select a cuboid (I expect people to know what I mean) and type /plots make my plot (this should support names with spaces)

When this have been done, the plugin will search for the sign, give some information in the chat if the build sign have been found and enter the ready made textfile, (possibly holoplots.txt) and print the information (selection of the cuboid,and some more information that I can't think of now) for save.

(s)he can then type /plots autobuild My house - This will toggle autobuild mode on. This will search for areas inside the cuboid to set signs for the autobuild. HOWEVER, the signs wont appear before someone have bought the plot (neat feature huh?). The chat will then print if some signs can't be placed, and where they have been positioned (in code). If the plot is sold again the upgrade signs will vanish once again.
    Maybe (s)he isn't happy with the results of the sign positioning, and wants to place them manually, then (s)he gotta find some cordinates and /plots signreplace [type of sign] [cordinates]

That person is now close to done making a plot, but what does it miss?... It misses a price. There would be two ways to do this, either that person could type /plots price [plot name] [amount of money or item] If not price is specified, it will use the default price that have been put into the config file.

Now (s)he is done! and it will be able to sell,upgrade and buy!

• Yoko:
    SIGN BUILD AND SETUP:
    This way simply uses ID's instead of names, it assigns a player with the plot when bought. When sold, it unassigns the player.

MORE INFO WILL COME!

• Grey:
    MORE INFO WILL COME!
    RADIUS:
    If we want our width to increase 10 we simply type /extend 10
    It will then extend the plot by 10 in all directions.

To extend a plot in both height and width and height, we can use block radius. 10x15x10. We can use 16x15 this goes on width and height, so 16 in width all directions, and 15 in height both up and down.

If we use 10x15x10 we extend the width with 10x15 (The first definition (10) is always north and south and the second (15) is west and east) and increase the height with 10 both up and down.

If we use 10x5x12x25x1x2, this seems rather complicated, but it's simple if you understand it. Let's seperate it into groups. North (10) x South (5) x West (12) x East (25) x Up (1) x Down (2)

**NOTE!!! A plot can't extend over another plot, and should have a max size on how much it can extend before it needs to be marked as "City" by an Admin or someone with the permission.

Lets go over the Upgradepost and extend cost:
    A Upgradepost, is simply a place (can be scattered if you want as well, or placed several places) where you can upgrade your plot. This place will have the upgrade signs in it, instead of next to the plot like Holo needs to have. Since you only got one plot, you don't need names, and it then gives support for signs (that will enter a text file, search for the plot that have been assigned to the player that hit the sign, if no plots have been assigned. Error message will occur to the player "Plot not found") that will upgrade the plot for that player.

For each block that will be extended the player needs to pay a fixed amount or dynamic amount of "money", there should be a minumum size that the player have to extend too, as well as (as mentioned before) a maximum size.

HEY NOTE NOTE NOTE:
    The Holo,Yoko and Grey ideas is seperate functions in one plugin, and they all shouldn't run at the same time.
    They MUST be toggleable since each of them act diffrently, if the server admin tries to run more than one of those functions at the same time, SPAM SPAM SPAM WITH ERROR IN DA CONSOLE!

If you got futher suggestions, want to do this, or think my grammar/spelling is bad in some parts. Leave a comment :)

I'll update this from time to time since it's hard to write down all the information at once. This is a pretty big (Actually a really big) idea in my opinion.
    I might have missed some stuff, and i KNOW that the right click won't work yet. So no need to notify me. This idea doesn't think about the coding, this idea is an idea. If you're the developer/programmer, and you find something that simply isn't possible. That's my mistake.
    --- merged: Feb 5, 2011 3:20 PM ---
    Ugh, way to much text for me. Can someone please read thro it and check if I missed something or something was confusing?...

2. Offline

ryanteck

This is what i have been looking for for ages if someone released this it would be great

3. Offline

darknesschaos

this is something that is highly requested, I advise looking at some of the other requests. This one is quite detailed though! RightLegRed and myself are working on a system similar to what you are requesting.

4. Offline

iSushi

Steal my ideas if you want~ :p

And yeah, this is just a backbone of what I wanted to write (which I may do in the next couple of days). It's more three functions that does the same with different ways of doing it, you could easily split this into seperate plugins.
    --- merged: Feb 6, 2011 3:35 PM ---
    Thanks, if you fix that I would be flattered :D

5. Offline

GamerX

6. Offline

darknesschaos

I feel that is a completely different plugin gamer.

Plugins are to be as simple as possible, this makes it so it has a wider attraction. functions can be complex though.

7. Offline

Mercury

sounds good. Now we need a dev.

8. Offline

iSushi

The solution to what gamer said would probably be to make a skeleton for other developers to add more features to the plugin. Hooks, API's and so on.

Simple question, lol. What do you plan to do with this thread?, I need some feedback from someone more skilled to find out if I should simplify it or make it more pleaseable for the eye (i will probably do that).
    --- merged: Feb 6, 2011 11:35 PM ---
    I will pick it up if nobody else does it, however, I'm not that skilled in Java and I'm not familar with any coding related to Minecraft. So if I will, this will take some time.

9. Offline

Aeron

10. Offline

iSushi

Hmmm, yeh it looks similar. Doesn't use the same system thought, and I don't see anything about upgrades and so on. Same idea (sorta), different ways to solve it. I'll say mine has a lot more features and is more planned.
    I guess you could extend the idea that you linked to do the same as my idea. But currently, my idea is more complicated and well, detailed like I already said.

I did read that thread before I posted this one. But I got the idea before that thread got up, and when I first noticed, I had already written pretty big parts of it, so I still posted it.

11. Offline

Aeron

As long as the functionality will be similar to the idea, I actually don't care how would a mod like this be called, as long as someone is going to make it happen ;)

12. Offline

iSushi

:) Got what you meant.
    --- merged: Feb 10, 2011 4:12 PM ---
    I made a wiki, setting it up with this idea nows~

13. Offline

Riot

Cool, let us know the link.

14. Offline

iSushi

It's wiki.ramenstudios.com
    however, haven't updated or set it up yet :p I'll note you guys when I get it up and have done it for good.

15. Offline

GamerX

16. Offline

iSushi

17. Offline

GamerX