BukkitDev: Project Localization Export issue

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by blablubbabc, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

blablubbabc

Hey there,
    I recently discovered a problem (which I think I didn't have in the past, but I am not sure):
    I use the localization feature of bukkit dev to easily provide users of my plugin to download and upload translations. I use the global strings format inside my plugin: I read line after line an parse them to key-value pairs.
    However, it seems that long lines (long keys + long text) are (now) splitted over multiple lines when exported.. :(

I could now rewrite my parser to somehow keep scanning the next lines until "the line" (key = "value") is finsihed. However, I would prefer it the "old way". I am sure (long) lines weren't split in the past when exporting a translation (as global strings) .. :(

Currently users have to go over the language file (about 270 lines currently) and check each if it was splitted over the next line(s).. :(

Could this be changed (back) ?

bla

2. Offline

blablubbabc

bump :(
    Any informations for me like, "Yes it was changed [because of that and that] and <we will change it back to work like before| we will add a option that will it let work like before | we will change nothing because <some_good_reason_here> > | no, nothing was change. <It always worked like that | You are doing something wrong> and <we will change it | we will add a option | will not change it>."

Thanks in advance

3. Offline

Gravity

We'll check in to seeing if this can be fixed.

blablubbabc likes this.
  4. Offline

blablubbabc

So, can this be fixed ?

And why is this in the development forum by the way ? I am sure I had it posted in the bukkit dev Information and Feedback forum.. strange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.