Dev BukkitCode | Skript Alternative

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by MCMatters, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MCMatters

Well, Skript is a little limited so I am creating BukkitCode, which will have the following features.

• Using all the regular Player methods
    • Packets
    • Reflection
    • Server methods
    • EventHandlers
    • Variables
    I am going to make a web IDE for this.

GitHub: Coming Soon
    Download: Coming soon

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  2. @MCMatters So it will be a Bukkit/Java and Skript alternate? Good luck.

3. Offline

meguy26

@bwfcwalshy @MCMatters
    Great idea yes, but what I don'y understand is if people are willing to learn the Skript language, or you're language, why not just learn Java....
    (-insert shameless self-promotion here about some extensible scripting program I made except its broken-)

4. @meguy26 People just don't. There are so many Skript "coders/developers" out there and a lot of them don't know much or anything about Java. You'd have to ask them why.

5. Offline

meguy26

@bwfcwalshy
    I just find it illogical that people would learn a whole language (Skript, or this proposed one), instead of Java, considering Java is more powerful & versatile when it comes to Bukkit, and additionally it has other applications than Bukkit, whereas Skript is dedicated. Then again, maybe learning a dedicated, limited, crazy-syntaxed language like Skript is easier than learning a widely usable, versatile, and nicely syntaxed language like Java.
    ;)

6. @meguy26 I agree, you'll need to ask a Skript "developer" why he doesn't. I have never used Skript before.

7. Offline

BrickBoy55

@meguy26 I used Skript before because I thought it was simpler and easy to understand. Quickly I found out that Skript was limited and switched to java.

8. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@MCMatters Packets and reflection in a script? Why?

9. Offline

Lolmewn

Skript limited? That's a first time I heard that one o.o

timtower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.