Question Bukkit Takedown Request?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by user_91028439, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

user_91028439

I would love to setup a personal Bukkit server, but it appears that CraftBukkit has been taken down for legal reasons. Will there ever be a new version of Bukkit that we can download to setup new servers? If you could reply, that would be awesome, and I thank you for your time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    - Signed
    (cobbaroo)

@cobbaroo Well there are alternatives such as Spigot, and that's updated to 1.8 already. There are quite a few more alternatives, but Spigot is the closest to Bukkit. This is due to the fact that they forked the code from Bukkit and modified it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2018
  2. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I worry that comments like yours will make users believe that most of the effort in the released Spigot builds are the result of the Spigot folks' work. It's mostly the years of work of the Bukkit team that they built off of while rarely giving any credit, and continue to distribute against the DMCA takedown.

3. Offline

nverdier

@mbaxter Sorry I definitely don't mean to make it seem so. I will edit the post to make it clear.

Thank you both very much, I will look into Spigot. I understand that may have not the best feelings towards Spigot, and I would too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (cobbaroo)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2018
  4. Offline

teej107

Just to clarify, it is not up to bukkit.org or Curse to bring back CraftBukkit.

5. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Bukkit Help.

Locked.
    There are already more Threads about this than games on steam.

nverdier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.