Bukkit server is crashing with 4 people!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Wolfeman, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Wolfeman

Hey guys,

Im running a Minecraft server on a CentOS VPS with 4 GB ram,

When ever me, or one of my users on my server try to use a command, or even sometimes standing still, The server crashes with the error : Read Timeout

This never happened on my Ubuntu server , could this be caused by Bukkitcontrib plugin?

2. Offline

Daniel Heppner

What's the command you're using to start the server?

And is Debian an option? I prefer it myself.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  3. Offline

Wolfeman

Ok im back, i have changed back to ubuntu, and yes Debian is an option, and this is my start up script:
    Code:
    java -Xincgc -Xmx2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

I think this is the start up script's fault, i never had these types of problems with my old start up script, to bad i deleted it :/

4. Offline

Vittek

Actually I'm having the very same issue on my Win7 64 server. Started after updating to CB1000, no errors just server locking up, everyone DCs and all I see is Read timed out.

5. Offline

Wolfeman

I think i might have fixed the problem, Try this start up script :

Code:
    java -Xmx2048M -XX:ParallelGCThreads=8 -server -Xincgc -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalPacing -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=500 -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:+UseAdaptiveGCBoundary -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -Xnoclassgc -XX:UseSSE=3 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:LargePageSizeInBytes=4m -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.