Bukkit server help

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Buz, Sep 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Buz

i have a problem with my server cause i cant connect to it or my friends its sayng connection refused
    I had a server but i changed my router and now dont work i did port forrward.Its from the router
    Huawei HG655b or is other thing??

2. Offline

fluffyturtle

if ur a cracked player you need to go to server properties and change 'online-mode' to false instead of true

3. Offline

NixonInnes

@Buz
    There could be a number of problems.. here's a list of a couple of things to check.

# Check the IP address of the computer running your server, and make sure the router is forwarding the minecraft port to this machine.

To do this on windows go to Start->Run, then type cmd a terminal should open up; in the terminal type ipconfig you will get a load of spam, but essentially you are looking for a number that starts with 192.168.
    Note down the number, it should be in the format of 192.168.XX.XX
    This is your INTERNAL network address, people who are not connected to your router will not be able to use this. To find your EXTERNAL address, the easiest way is to go to a very handy website: http://www.whatsmyip.org/
    This will display your external IP, and this is what anyone not plugged into your router should use to connect to your sever.

You will want to make sure your router is forwarding the incoming TCP minecraft connections to this machine; so you will need to enter your router settings, traditionally by opening up a web browser, and putting 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. You will have to check your router guide on how to forward incoming ports, but generally you will have to put in the address (the one you looked up earlier), the protocol which in our case is TCP and the port (which for minecraft by default is 25565).

Additional things to check for here are any possible security settings on the router. From personal experience I have had to set routers to allow connections from that port, AND set up the forwarding. Again, to do this you will have to consult your router guide.

Done all that? Still not working? Damn, lets try something else...

# Check your firewall settings

Pretty simple (or should be), make sure your machine is configured to accept inbound TCP connections on port 25566. I can't really tell you how to do this, because each firewall software is different. Consult google (or just root around in the settings) for how to make sure you're accepting inbound tcp on the minecraft port.

# Check your server is running ok

Perhaps your server has or is zombie-ing. I've experienced cases where it looks like the server is running, but it is totally locked up.

If you are using a .bat to run the server .jar, you will want to stick a pause after the command to run the .jar, this way you will be able to take a look at the terminal if it throws up any errors.

Also, backup all your world files, plugins etc, and try running your server vanilla with a fresh new world. Sometimes corruptions in the world file cause the server to lock up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.