Solved Bukkit Runnable

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by JoeyDevs, Jul 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JoeyDevs

Hey Guys,

Maybe this is a little shame but I forget how to make a 1 second runnable or something like that.

2. Offline

aninsanellama

This should help you.

3. Offline

mazentheamazin

4. Offline

EnderTroll68

Well a BukkitRunable just has to have a method in it named public void run() with an override attached. You said you wanted it to run every second so do something like this:
    Code:java
    1. Bukkit.getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(main, new BukkitRunnable() {
    3. @Override
    4. public void run() {
    5. System.out.println("Boob");
    6. }
    8. }, 0, 20);

That will make it so the plugin will run that runnable with no delay, and it will run every 20 ticks, which is 1 second.

5. Offline

Europia79

JoeyDevs

http://wiki.bukkit.org/Scheduler_Programming

That's a good tutorial.

EnderTroll68

The @Override is a Java Annotation. I was reading an article on Annotations, apparently, you don't actually need the @Override annotation. It's just a compile-time annotation that will give you a warning if the method does NOT actually override a super class method.

The run() method is probably a bad example since the name probably isn't going to change.

Take me for example. My plugins depends on BattleArena by Alkarinv (latest version 3.9.7.9). Let's say that I override HIS onFinish() method:
    Code:java
    1. @Override
    2. public void onFinish() {
    3. // ...
    4. }

Let's say Alkarinv changes the name of onFinish() to onDone() in the next version 3.9.8 ...Since I have the @Override annotation, I will get a compiler time warning that onFinish() does NOT override another method.

Just wanted to explain to people reading this thread WHY you used the @Override annotation on the run() method. (if anyone was curious).

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  6. Offline

JoeyDevs

Got It! Thanks to you all

7. Offline

EnderTroll68

Europia79
    Yes I am very much aware what the @Override annotation does, but considering he is asking a question that can easily be found in the Bukkit documentation, I was assuming that he did not want the big names to all the stuff, he just wanted to know how to do it.

Edit: Realized this came off as a bit hostile, my bad

8. Offline

Europia79

EnderTroll68
    No man, you don't seem hostile at all. I figured you did know. I just wanted to add further explanation as to WHY in case anyone was curious.
    Me, I'm still pretty much a beginner... So I remember seeing some code with @Override and some code without it... and thinking to myself: "WTF ?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.