Bukkit (Plugin ''issues'' etc.)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Fyridor, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Fyridor

Hello community,

Here I am, starting a thread, asking for help like so much others are already doing.
    I've already searched the forum for this thing, but I couldn't find an accurate answer. This might be due to me not being able to properly search at all, or me actually being the first one to ask these questions. I will not yet post all my system information, as I don't know if it will be required for answering these questions. Here goes:
    • Bukkit seems to be more Java oriented than hMod, from what I've seen, is this truly so?
    I've seen booleans and such, for example. This question is also related to my other question: ''Will it stay that way?''. This is basically due to me finding the hMod plugins and hMod itself easier to master and alter to my will than Bukkit, or Craftbukkit if you will. The commands are a bit harder, but I guess I could master them over time.​
    • I have the following errors when I start my Craftbukkit server:
      • Plugin [name] is registering events before it is enabled. It may be misbehaving and the author needs to fix this.
      • [WARNING] Using the stupidly long constructor com.djdch.bukkit.stackable.Stackable<PluginLoader, Server, PluginDescriptionFile, File, File, ClassLoader> is no longer recommended. Go nag the plugin author of [name] to remove it! <Nothing is broken, we just like to keep the code clean.>
      • There seem to be some java errors too, but perhaps those will be fixed once my plugins work. If not, I'll probably be nagging about that as well, so my apologies for that in advance.
    I am very sorry for having to bother you with this, and even more so when there is already a thread like mine in existance, for I would not have searched properly. If so, I would appreciate a link to that other thread instead of a flame only. I'd understand if you'd like to add a ''learn to search'' comment to the link, but that would actually help me solve the problem rather than just flaming me for my ignorance. Thanks alot in advance.

~ Fyridor

2. Offline

mughi

bukkit, craftbukkit, minecraft, and (i'm fairly sure) hmod are all completely java...

that's the language they are written in...
    booleans exist in almost all languages, and i'm not sure what you are referring to.

the two warning types you are seeing are due to plugins no longer meeting the recently updated craftbukkit standards.. check for new plugins, bug the author, or wait.. neither of these warnings should affect functionality though. [referring to the stupidly long constructor and registering before enabled warnings]

any other warnings / errors are a problem and you should look for them or post them here.

there are probably lots of threads like yours.. finding them is the trick.. :)
    now that you know which things to pay attention to, it will help

3. Offline

Fyridor

Hello mughi,

Thanks for the quick response. What I meant with that Java remark is that it seems that it is more obvious is Bukkit. For example, the names of variables are different and are more similar to those used more often in Java, and most plugin configurations and such seem to be different compared to hMod, where it used to be a matter of changing a ''true'' to a ''false'', exactly knowing what you were about to change. Then again, this is probably due to me coming along for the ride at 2 or 3 days prior to the 1.3 update. Therefore it seems to me that CraftBukkit is a bit harder to configure than hMod (although Bukkit is not released yet and it is still in it's days of testing).

As for the plugins, I downloaded the most recent ones of all of them and I use the CraftBukkit from the Bukkit wiki. Not the most recent one, but the one that was out there 2 to 3 days ago. I downloaded the plugins later, so that's why it had me puzzled as to how they could be outdated. I guess I jumped in when CraftBukkit got updated or something.

Thanks for taking some of your time to answer my questions and for your kindness in doing so. Even though this is indeed one of the million threads that have the exact same issues, but phrased in a different way.

~ Fyridor

4. Offline

mughi

the stupidly long constructor and event thing are about a week old.. but since they don't actually break anything, plugin authors have not been in a major rush to fix them.. particularly since half the challenge is just keeping up with craftbukkit.. and then 1.3 came out...

i'm guessing you are referring to the permission system, which noticed was rather close to code instead of simple ini file type entries..

5. Offline

Fyridor

Hello again mughi,

Well yes, the Permissions system is one of them (and probably, indeed, the ''worst'' for that matter) and that is exactly what I meant. It seems closer to code than a simple ini file. I was wondering if that would stay that way or if it would be simplified in the future. But I feel that that is something that only a Bukkit teammember, perhaps a Moderator or a Plugin Developer can answer, unless you possess such knowledge.
    Did they update the file on their Wiki to 1.3 already? I heard it was indeed released. I've been looking for official release threads for those kind of updates. I heard and read something about Recommended Builds, but I have not yet performed a thorough search for those, but I will do so later. I should head to bed for today, haha.

Thanks for your help and understanding, once again.

~ Fyridor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.