bukkit please do a release for next 1.9 pre-release

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mrgreaper, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrgreaper

jeb_ tweeted that 1.9 will be by the 18th october, i groaned but meh 1 more week..
    then
    jeb_ tweeted that notch has said pre releases all the way till minecon! thats well over a month away

At the moment we plan to do a full restart on 1.9 (we did a semi one on 1.8) as we have a new server machine and new ideas and have discovered items have been exploited in etc... so for the last two weeks we have been waiting. Another week would of been annoying but managable (we have lost a few players already, though where there going i have no idea). a month? well we would have zero population. Players are already at the point of "why log in if the maps getting reset?"

so please rethink the situation even if thier not RB builds

2. Offline

sukosevato

Waste of time imo. Minecraft is changing too fast at the moment. A pre-release would be absolutely pointless.

Have you tried the 1.9 pre-releases your self? They're far from stable / bugfree. Loads of bugs in them.

Sure bukkit could support them result -> a very unstable bukkit and loads of users complaining about it.

Just wait till after minecon when we get a stable minecraft to work with. Then there will be a stable and nice bukkit version as well.

3. Offline

mrgreaper

problem is to get the new features need a new map, the players are revolting at mo...leave it a month and we will have none :(
    one already reported us to a grief team calling us communist (think he misunderstood why we were wiping everyone on 1.9)

Its annoying that notch has such clear dislike for bukkit.

maybe bukkit can do a build that uses the generater for 1.9 and embed tags into the map for 1.9 objects...so we would be running 1.8 with a map that wwould need no reset and as soon as 1.9 is out those tags would be replaced with the 1.9 objects (like lillypads etc)

4. Offline

sukosevato

This has absolutely nothing to do with notch having a dislike for bukkit. It has everything to do with the fact that notch is feeling the deadline of minecon. They have to have the game 'finished' by then. So they are rushing the game. Doing pre releases all the time since that is by far the easiest way to find bugs. They are finally treating minecraft as a BETA game. Remember, this is a beta. They release obvious beta's at the moment which we have to find the bugs in so they can develop the game faster.

Sure, your players are probably revolting, because they don't even closely understand the technical side of the story. Just tell them to fuck off and play 1.8.1 till then. And after minecon they will get the features.

They don't like it? Quit the game. There will be no bukkit until after minecon. They can come back after that.

Its as simple as that. You can go beg for bukkit to do a pre release because your users are 'revolting'. But its simply not going to happen for obvious reasons. Has nothing to do with the fact Notch hates bukkit or anything. Its just the deadline and still a lot of stuff has to be done.

And if you got users reporting you to grief teams or w/e. Just ban them.

cyberdude likes this.
  5. Offline

Kaikz

If Notch disliked Bukkit, then no one would use Bukkit and everyone would use Canary or vanilla. Of which I'd rather just not run a server at all.

r3Fuze likes this.
  6. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

The AIDs is starting.... Again.

tips48, nala3, andrewkm and 1 other person like this.
  7. Offline

mrgreaper

I have seen a few times now that the pre releases were to increase the number of vanila servers so that servers would be running minecraft how notch invisioned it.
    Im not 100% begging, im asking. im also asking if theres a way that 1.9 generater and features can be placed in the 1.8 maps (not visible or playable of course but there ready so 1.9 bukkit full in well over a month can replace the invisible tags with the actual 1.9 features)
    my main reason is to get this map reset out of the way so players can start to play again. we had the same issue with 1.8 but much better timeframe

?
    we are all waiting for 1.9 as we know it means new map...8 more days, annoying but yeah ok ....40 more days? your ok with that?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  8. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Yep. Unlike 99% of other players my life doesn't depend on MC or Bukkit, so I will be fine.

andrewkm likes this.
  9. Offline

sukosevato

You're joking, right?

10. Offline

mrgreaper

Nope, i can even sort of understand it, i mean if you created something you may want to see it as you created it not as its modified. Though i did point out to one guy on irc that notch gave the source code to bukkit so he cant exactly hate them.
    I run a server so dont seem to have that luxury of late, though most of my time is dealing with the players in the last week or so and having one ex player set a griefer team on us....well that dont help my will to work on the server.

11. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I run 6 servers.

12. Offline

mrgreaper

I have my hands full with one

i have given my players 3 options, i just need to confer with the other admins
    1) stay as we are and wait 1.8
    2) host a buggy pre release 1.9 where the map *may* be ported over either as main or secondary
    3) do the wipe we need to do now and host a 1.8 server (where the world would be a secondary world for a bit on 1.9)

hoping that will defuse things a bit and give me space untill 1.9 was out....but it would be so much easier if bukkit kept up with the pre releases (or every other one) or if notch just released a 1.9 with all the terrain gen stuff in it so new maps wouldnt be required, i miss the days of hmod.

13. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Just tell them to wait.

14. Offline

Porydan2

Thing is, as soon as the devs here release something SOMEWHAT stable on 1.9, there'll be another patch/pre-release fixing bugs from that... People already complain too much between standard updates (1.7 > 1.8 whining was insane for an RB, imagine that x50 for every pre-release). It's just not feasible or fair on the bukkit team.

no one cares.

15. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

You obviously do, since you responded :).

16. I wish I ran 6 servers..............

17. Trust me...
    ...you dont.

maniacmusic likes this.
  18. Offline

Fuka

There is no proof that this is the case and an abundance of proof that it is exactly opposite of reality. This statement sounds and feels completely paranoid.

19. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Yes, don't. Your lifespan will shorten by 10*(amount of servers you admin). This is why I have no soul.

20. Offline

sukosevato

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

Wolf_2789 likes this.
  21. Offline

zipfe

If your server is empty because 1.9 has not been released yet, you're doing it wrong.

22. Offline

Don Redhorse

4) Create a new map in 1.8, use a Border Plugin and limit it. Create a very cool SPAWN world and when 1.9 comes out open up a gate to a new world.. hopefully we see no new map algorithm in 2.0

That's what we do..

23. Offline

Mukrakiish

The question becomes.

Why bother?

24. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

Because I love my com padres.

25. Offline

Mukrakiish

6 servers worth?

26. Offline

M1sT3rM4n

I kept the design simple so all 6 are manageable.

27. Offline

andrewkm

Please bukkit dont release anything untill December.

28. Offline

RustyDagger

Idea Pre-Bukkit/craftbukkit... if notch can release unstable crap why can't bukkit. No doubt bukkit would upstage notch by having less major game crushing bugs.

29. Offline

Don Redhorse

because Notch get's paid for it..

30. Offline

RustyDagger

as it was said before all we really need is some upto date map generation and that could with enough time be made in a plugin.

Mukrakiish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.