Bukkit Permissions?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by LucidLethargy, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LucidLethargy

For some reason I cannot find information ANYWHERE about how to set up the bukkit permissions system... I've googled it and also searched this forum for it using the search feature.

So... would anyone happen to have some information about this? I've used permissions since hmod last year so i'd like to ensure I keep up to date and i'm hoping the formatting is similar!

2. Offline

Perdog

What permissions plugin are you using?

3. Offline

LucidLethargy

I am using permissions, as I said above XD

I mean... i'm not misreading things here am I? There is a integrated permissions for bukkit now?

4. Offline

Perdog

OH okay sorry :p Uhmm.. I tried using that a while ago and I couldn't get it to work
    It SHOULD look something like this
    Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.*
        Admin:
            options:
            default: false

For each permissions node you add in put a - before it, like so
    Code:
     groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            permissions:
            - modifyworld.*
            - example.permission
        Admin:
            options:
            default: false

and use spaces not tabs, it'll mess up the file format for a reason beyond my knowledge
    And if you can't get that working, I suggest downloading a separate permissions plugin, that way you know it'll work, and it's set up basically the same way

5. Offline

LucidLethargy

Wait i'm confused... this is how I set up the BUILT IN bukkit permissions? It's EXACTLY the same as the permissions plugin originally created by Niji? Note that I am very well aquatinted with the permissions PLUGIN (and have been for 9 months now...) I just don't know what the deal is with the "integrated" and "built in" bukkit permissions system.

6. Offline

Perdog

Scratch that, just did a little searching of my own and found this, under the first spoiler. He does recommend you to a plugin that will work though

7. Offline

LucidLethargy

Ah excellent, there it is! Thanks :D

8. Offline

Perdog

You are very welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.