Bukkit Parsing @all, @p[rm=blah]?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Gamecube762, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Gamecube762

So I was working on a few ideas I had and I was wondering if the Bukkit API had a feature to parse these(not to sure what they would be called). I haven't seen any plugin commands use these yet and I was thinking of using it within some of my plugins. The main thing I wanted to know was if the Bukkit API douse this already or I will have to code my own version?

Edit: My question was answered, but leaving it open for discussion.

2. Offline

tommycake50

No the bukkit API does not do this already.

3. Offline

Gamecube762

That was what I was thinking. I couldn't find it from searching around. Since the feature was added into Minecraft, i wasn't sure if Bukkit added it to the API or not.

Thank you for the help!

4. Offline

GusGold

Gamecube762
    If you have a command in a command block, you can use these
    It runs the command syncronously for each player matching the requirements

5. Offline

Gamecube762

Thanks for the tip, I'll try to look into it. My goal was to be able to use them when the player douse a command (like /strike all).

6. Offline

GusGold

Gamecube762
    I think that will actually work, because it does in vanilla using the command, and so it will be parsed in the same way with bukkit. NMS will find who are the players that fit the restraints, and then OBS will handle each of the command calls.

7. Offline

Gamecube762

GusGold
    I was testing around with the command blocks, they do parse them. Now I'm just trying to think of a good way for having it parse the ones the players send without having to dig into the NMS or remaking it...

8. Offline

GusGold

Gamecube762
    Yeah I knew they did, already used it in several of my plugins :)
    I assume that it as NMS already checks commands (like /clear @a), it will work much the same as command blocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.