Bukkit on an old server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Platinus, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Platinus

Hello, Me and my friend recently made a server (without Bukkit) and we would really like the Plug-ins to Bukkit. But it seems that you need to make a new server when you install Bukkit. Is this true? If not, how do I do?

2. Offline

mughi

There isn't really all that much to a server. if you are concerned about your map, that is in your world folder..

there are some questions that need answered before we can give you much advice though.
    1. what OS are you running
    2. what is your existing server (straight minecraft, hmod, or something else)?
    3. what do you mean by 'create a new server' ? bukkit is basically just a wrapper around the minecraft server..

3. Offline

Platinus

I'm running Mac OS X but my friend that runs the server is using Windows.
    He had something like MCAdmin I think.
    I was asking if you needed to redo the make a server proccess or if you just add something to the server folder or something.

4. Offline

wallnuss

Fist of all as mughi already metioned. You need to back up your world folder. That's the place where the actual map is saved. The your friend need to install Craftbukkit ( http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/faq-2-how-do-i-run-a-craftbukkit-server.462/). He can install it in a complete different folder the his old Server. Now copy your world folder in the new craftbukkit folder. Stop the old Server and start the new one. Test it have fun and start adding plugins.

5. Offline

Platinus

Okay, thank you. :) Gonna have fun with these plugins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.