Bukkit flat terrain plugin for already created world

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Devilius, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Devilius

Hello! So, I'm a member of a pretty large server (MCME) where we basically build middle earth. Problem is, we've been getting the infinite ocean bug, and having to drain, fill, then terraform huge areas of land is a pain, plus considering the amount of time it takes, this would help us a great deal.... Ive been looking through the bukkit plugins for a plugin that generates flat terrain on an already created world, but I have yet to find one. Is there a way to change chunk generations of an already created world? If so, how? With which plugins? I appologize if this has already been posted... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some info that could help:
    The server is exactly a year old (not sure what version of minecraft that was back then, but hat might help)
    We can in no way copy paste the whole thing

2. Offline

Isocadia

What you could do is, using MCEdit, delete all the ocean chunks, and then using a regular flatworld generator ( I recommend CleanroomGenerator ) generate the new flat terrain.

3. Offline

Rwembee

Look up cleanroomgen and chunkregen

If you then set your world's generator in bukkit.yml to that after it's created, you can use the chunkregen(worldedit eats the command it uses) to regen a single chunk, then if you wanted to convert it back, you could change the specified generator in bukkit.yml and do the same again to reverse it.

It may help to get a map pregenerator plugin to generate out a good distance before you switch to cleanroomgen for a custom flat setup.

4. Offline

Devilius

mmm. so there is no way to set it up so it automatically generates flat land?

5. Offline

Jekotia

CleanroomGenerator can automatically generate flat land. The extra stuff was tips on how to handle the already generated chunks.

6. Offline

Devilius

Alright thanks I'll try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.