Question Bukkit download page not found?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Lexeron, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Lexeron

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to set up a minecraft server on my computer with Bukkit, I kept getting "page not found" errors when I tried to get to a download page so I made an account and tried again, but still no luck. Is there something I'm doing wrong or is this a common issue?

2. Offline

shades161

Bukkit was DMCA'd a few months back. So you can no longer legally download craftbukkit. However you could try spigot (alternate version of bukkit)

3. Offline

Bobcat00

4. Regarding the DMCA, what's the roadmap for bukkit currently? Especially since it's been a few weeks and the wikipages and everything still just refer to the download links like nothing happened seems a bit odd to me, the least that could've been done was replace the page with a redirect to some kind of news-update page regarding the DMCA and what the bukkit team is doing on fixing it (if they even are, I assume so).

Not having any negative feedback on the bukkit team here in any way (or at least I haven't meant to) but I'm quite clueless as to when and/or where we might find future updates, as spigot is not really the same as craftbukkit (at least it didnt use to be)

5. Offline

Bobcat00

The Bukkit team is doing nothing regarding the DMCA. The roadmap is a dead end.

If you follow the Spigot 1.8 build process, you'll have a fully-functional CraftBukkit 1.8 server. That's what I use. You don't need to use Spigot at all, just use CraftBukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.