Bukkit command line freezing?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Tecno_Wizard, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Morning,
    I've encountered a problem several times this morning that disallows me to type into the Bukkit command line. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? Thanks!

2. Offline

Skionz

Tecno_Wizard As in the chat box does not pop up? I believe that is a client issue. Or do you mean that the chat does pop up and you can type in a command but when you execute it nothing happens?

3. Offline

LordDarthBob

Skionz
    I believe that he means that the Command Line window (Cmd.exe) stopped accepting user input. I've actually had that happen to me before Tecno_Wizard . Usually I just stop and start the server and it fixes itself. No idea what causes it though; it would be interesting to investigate.

4. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

LordDarthBob, yes, that's exactly what happens, and I've been using the same fix, although I hate having to hit that X instead of typing stop.
    Skionz, I physically cannot type in the cmd.exe window.

5. Offline

Skionz

6. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Skionz, the day that they fix their crazy file structure system and their strange window sizing system, maybe I will.
    LordDarthBob, it seemed to happen to me whenever a player tried to use a command that was blocked by a perm requirement in the plugin.yml
    Usually about a min or two later, and only when the above is done.

7. Offline

LordDarthBob

Tecno_Wizard
    That sounds about right. It seems to be somewhat inconsistent though; I haven't had it happen to me in a few months.

As an interesting side note, on one of the occasions when the console locked up, I decided I would just let the server run as usual and execute commands as op. After a few days, I came back and the console looked like this:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

8. Offline

Tecno_Wizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.