Bukkit admin on Android

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by leegee333, May 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

leegee333

I have written and published an Android app that allows you to administrate a Bukkit server running the JSONApi plugin.
    I'm currently working on the road map for the application and would really like your feedback.

Currently implemented

Automatically optimize for either tablet or handset
    Manage multiple server connections
    View and modify current server details
    View online and offline server players
    Change players server roles (OP/Whitelist/Banned/Game mode)
    View players inventory (with limited interaction)
    View Dynmap (if installed/running)
    Live Console
    Live Chat
    New chat and /calladmin notifications

Road Map...

In game Armor management (in progress)
    Enchantments
    Modular plugin addons (individual modules tailored for each plugin)
    Economy management
    Permissions management

Plugin Management is probably the highest on my list at the moment, but I am very open to other ideas. What do you think I should look at adding ?

fromgate likes this.
  2. Offline

tanveergt5

I would love to test this for you, I think there should be a standard "Stop/Start" buttons and you got most of them available already, what is your top priority to lowest?

3. Offline

leegee333

Do you mean options to stop and start the server ?

4. Offline

leegee333

Now includes full Minecraft Item/Block data for MC 1.5

5. Offline

leegee333

6. Offline

leegee333

We have moved our test server to a dedicated VM

Anyone who is using the free version will need to change the server address if they want to test against our server. The new address is minecraft.geewiztech.com

7. Offline

magicdrummer47

I just used the MCLite - Free app for my android. I basically join the game, and have a chat area where I can type ANY command and say ANY chat.

8. Offline

Nemeses

New Update; Notes: Added advertising... From here to zero in 0sec.

Does one really need full payment for an app? Thats like bukkit saying they want $1 for every download. Keep apps for free things, free.

9. Offline

leegee333

Can't find it on Google Play, definitely MCLite ?

The advertising is discreet and you can opt out.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  10. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Why does this app need:
    • Approximate (network-based) location
    • Precise (GPS and network-based) location
    • Read phone status and identity (Access to the phone number of the device as well as any calls made)
    • Create shortcuts without user intervention
    • Modify the browser's history/bookmarks

tanveergt5 likes this.
  11. Offline

leegee333

To be honest I'm not sure about Read phone status and identity, I think it may be due to the notification library I use. The others are all for the leadbolt add service.

12. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

So all these privacy issues just so you can make a few cents?

13. Offline

leegee333

You make a good point. I will probably remove it.

Having looked into the leadbolt add library and taking mbaxters comments into account I have removed everything, however the Read phone status and identity permissions remain, if you are using the app and are unhappy with this permission please uninstall the app while I track down what library is adding the intent.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

14. Offline

leegee333

Massive update to the item/block database. Weapons and Armor added, recipe framework in place and should be in place early next week.

15. Offline

leegee333

16. Offline

leegee333

Latest version

Version 1.080 -
    Removed permissions that were not needed
    In app Billing Added (mainly for free version)
    4 minor API bugs fixed
    Introduced a style system (not public yet)
    Overhauled the look and feel of the app
    More database enhancements
    Changed underlying console code

17. Offline

leegee333

A very important update has been released, it fixes a bug where you can't save your server settings. Please manually update to 1.081 (pro and free) if you don't auto-update via Google Play.

18. You should add a Log for the server so you can see what people are using what commands and what things are said

Also you could write in java but While you can write code in Java 7, the Android Systems that run it only support upto Java 6, so 7 features like switch-case on Strings or comparing them with == will fail.

19. Offline

leegee333

Did you post to the right thread ?

JazzaG likes this.
  20. Offline

leegee333

The console allows you to see a log of what is happening on the server.

The app is not written in Java

21. Offline

leegee333

Both free and pro have been updated. The updates are minor (cosmetic and some changes to how live chat is handled)

Pro has had Remote Toolkit added to allow you to stop/start/restart your server from your android device

22. By your progress of updates you'll need a plugin for the app

23. Offline

leegee333

What do you mean ?

24. Offline

leegee333

There is a plugin for the app (jsonapi)

25. do you want the app to have ios6 support

Bukit these days is becoming ad infested and also 99.8% of free ios/android apps have ads on them.

26. Offline

AlexMason93

So you don't support the developers decision to add a form of revenue to a free application. This guy isn't even asking for a donation. Buy his paid app, or quit complaining.

Also, android and iOS applications have no reflection of bukkit. Bukkit is open source software, and contains no type of ads in it.

Jozeth likes this.
  27. Offline

leegee333

The ads have been removed because a wise man once said 'So all these privacy issues just so you can make a few cents?' (thanks mbaxter)

28. Offline

ZacTheDead

Dude, i'm reinstalling JSON API, I used to use adminium from the app store on my iphone, I switched to Android, and have been looking for a plugin for a while. Thanks for the app!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.