Bukkit 1.8 Download

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by MatthewDMerrill, Sep 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MatthewDMerrill

So uhhh, as we now know is that bukkit is down because of a DMCA legal issue, but besides that, where can I get Bukkit 1.8. Don't give me that link to the official download because it doesn't work right now.

Willemcross likes this.
  2. Offline

Gamecube762

There is no Bukkit for 1.8 yet. Any server that has plugins and accepts 1.8 clients are 1.7 servers running a Protocol Hack. Those servers can be extremely buggy and has a high chance of crashes for both the client and the server.

Mayor_Mike likes this.
  3. Offline

dj4aces

I think all of us, whether we run or play on Bukkit servers, are looking forward to a 1.8 release. Alas, such an animal didn't exist before today, and probably won't exist any time in the immediate future.

The DMCA take-down, regardless of how frivolous it may be, is just another delay in the course of us getting our hands on a development build.

Either way, I'm definitely looking forward to a build to mess around with. I'm sure Dinnerbone has been hard at work with it.

madaeq1234 likes this.
  4. Offline

TheRealZillo

Let us take a moment and weep for the passing of our beloved Bukkit/Craftbukkit.

madaeq1234 likes this.
  5. wow really? There is NO bukkit 1.8 yet, wait for it like everyone else.

madaeq1234 likes this.
  6. Offline

madaeq1234

7. Offline

AGENT-9

I dont think we will see a 1.8 ever, not as an official bukkit release.

8. Offline

Myahh

What else can we use to load plugins? If no-one knows how do youo manually load them? Is there a plugins folder where I can drop the (plugin).jar

What else can we use to load plugins? If no-one knows how do youo manually load them? Is there a plugins folder where I can drop the (plugin).jar

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    Willemcross likes this.
  9. Offline

Blkscorpion2

Anyone looking to get a working 1.8 server with plugins should check out Rainbow Project It is a fairly new project but already has 42 updates and numerous plugins and new one added daily, they have a rainbow-bukkit bridge for some bucket plugins. This seems like our only working alternative at this time, that i know of.

Inscrutable likes this.
  10. Offline

Magicabeans

Blkscorpion2 Will it do bad stuff? is it a virus or malware?

11. Magicabeans If someone was promoting a virus, they'd not be likely to tell you that it is. ;)

As far as I'm aware, it's not a virus, but since I've never used it I can't state that as fact.

12. Offline

Blkscorpion2

It's not a virus, Much like bukkit and spigot, this is another variation but running an actual 1.8 server. Go to their website and check it out for yourself. I've been running it for over month now. Like I said they are always coming out with quick updates and stuff.

http://www.project-rainbow.org/site/index.php

13. Offline

LegendaryMack

14. @LegendaryMack Mojang did not take down Bukkit... CraftBukkit was DMCA'd by Wes Wolfe.

15. Offline

nverdier

@LegendaryMack
    And also Spigot released 1.8 stuff. Including "Bukkit".

@nverdier or HERE

Yea exactly :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2021
  16. Offline

mactso

You can get an idea of the current state here:
    https://hub.spigotmc.org/jira/browse/SPIGOT-236?filter=10113
    This is the bug reporting and tracking site.
    You can browse and see the kinds of issues that are being encountered and addressed.

IMHO, The server is pretty solid now. Many plugins work and more are being updated every day. The only major issue I see is click and hover events not working in books and the fact people want to download a jar and not build it themselves.

On the other bit... Mojang did not close down bukkit. Wolverness DMCA'd it. As the others said.
    Hopefully trident, sponge or even the actual mojang/microsoft 1.9 minecraft api + server will be ready enough if spigot is shut down.

17. Offline

eyamaz

If you have have to ask this question, chances are the answer is "No"

18. Offline

nverdier

K :D

19. Offline

LegendaryMack

I cant figure that spigot crap out it just crashes everything and i go to download it give me errors that they been repo

20. @LegendaryMack You should ask the Spigot people about that. Bukkit has nothing to do with Spigot :)

21. Offline

LegendaryMack

I just want the the bukkit 1.7.9 R0.2 version is all I want

22. @LegendaryMack Unfortunately, that's illegal to distribute, and we cannot help you with that.

23. Offline

Bobcat00

Unfortunately, you can't download that. However, you can build your own CraftBukkit 1.8 courtesy of the Spigot folks. CraftBukkit 1.8 works quite well. As with any new build, you'd have to test your plugins to make sure they still work (Mojang made a lot of changes in 1.8 which break plugins - Thanks Jeb!).

24. Offline

LegendaryMack

That's The Only Version That will Work with the plugins and not Fail And 1.8 can shove it ever since they Added stupid crap on minecraft its like RuneScape 2.0 is all it really is you can't say it's not because they got the potion Idea From RuneScape

25. Offline

Gnat008

Oh yeah, cuz Runescape is the only other game in the world with potions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.