Build #70 - No server commands work

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by TnT, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

TnT

Just tried running build #70 - no server commands work, except "?".

Tried stop, save-all, and a few others, all coming back saying "Unrecognized command".

To all those having trouble with your world not saving - I expect this is the cause. The server cannot initiate a "save-all" so the world doesn't get saved.

Also, the chunks look wrong.

Just in case people were wondering about their world saves, etc, I suspect this is why. Bukkit devs - I'm sure you already know about this, but in case you didn't, here you go. I'll wait for a new build.

2. Offline

UnicornKid

I am kind of having the same problem. All my plugins are broken :|

3. Offline

TnT

My guess is its all related. Look at the changes for build 70 - looks like they changed the way server commands are being executed.

4. Offline

UnicornKid

Alright well I am thinking that all the plugins are broken right now. I updated and nothing is working yet. I'll just wait I guess, how long do you think it will take until bukkit is beginning to become beta or even final?

5. try with a # in front ie #help

6. Offline

TnT

Given the rapid pace of development, I'd say they'll have a release candidate out within a month. That is only my guess, and I am in no way affiliated with the Bukkit team. Their current builds already have a lot of plugins, but if you look, almost every plugin isn't as feature rich as they want (need more bukkit hooks). Once most of those plugin devs are satisfied, I suspect a release isn't too far behind.
    --- merged: Jan 17, 2011 8:54 PM ---
    Just saw that in another post as well. Going to give it a try.

7. Offline

UnicornKid

Well I know that some plugins don't work because the motd doesn't pop up.
    --- merged: Jan 17, 2011 9:02 PM ---
    So we put a # instead of a /?

That seems kind of a stupid change. So for worldedit, do we put ## instead of //?

8. Offline

TnT

The # works when you're on the server console itself. Haven't been logged in yet to find out how to call them within the game.

9. Offline

DJ411

are u talking about in-game Commands? or server Commands? i noticed Server Commands start with #. Thats kind of weird imo.

10. just server commands have changed, not ingame

11. Offline

UnicornKid

In game commands don't work at all
    --- merged: Jan 17, 2011 10:22 PM ---
    How can you make commands in game then? I've been trying all day and even updated the bukkit to 70. Nothing works :|

12. Offline

reconrey

I figured it out-you have to type commands as /# so the help command would be /#help or give would be /#give reconrey 1 64

13. Offline

Plague

Why change this for gods sake?

14. Offline

TnT

I'm assuming they have a good reason. What that is, no one posting on this thread knows...

15. Offline

koda

I also noticed that those newest releases (build 70+) had almost 1Mb (1000Kb).

16. Offline

reconrey

it may be a bug because they wanted to implement the # into the server log and it just happened.

17. Offline

UnicornKid

Why can't we just have hey0 update hmod again D:

18. Offline

TnT

Ask hey0. Last I heard he lost interest, probably due to people bitching and complaining about a project he did in his spare time.

19. Offline

reconrey

he said he lost intrest in minecraft-he change the title of his post to "Attn useless moderators: lock this thread (hmod thread)"-It kinda seems like he is trying to get banned. I'm thinking it will just be temporary, he will regain intrest then remake the mod, but by then bukkit will be so much better-It already seems much easier than hmod and it doesnt seem to have a huge memory leak.

20. Offline

TnT

Build 77:
    The commands in game still work. Using the same old way of accessing them. The console commands have changed - you now need a # in front to make them work.

I restored from backup to fix my world (so glad I run hourly backups). It had completely corrupted some areas it seems. Build 77 seems to be running fine though.

21. Offline

Tahg

This was to help avoid collisions between official commands (those from Mojang) and user plugins. A solution will be looked into regarding issuing commands from the server console. However, any official command issued from the client will continue to require /#.

22. Offline

TnT

Sounds good, thanks.

23. Offline

Mattie

To clarify-- according to EvilSeph on IRC, the exposure and need for /# is a temporary thing. The default vanilla commands had to be moved so that (soon?) they can replace them with new versions of those commands. Only right now, since those new override commands aren't ready, you'll be forced to use /# for a lot of things you didn't have to do before. The plan did not change such that people have to use /# in order to do simple things they did before-- it will be /help eventually again.

Hope this clarifies for anyone who was as confused as I was by this change.

24. Offline

UnicornKid

Its so stupid, none of this is working for me. Does anyone want to add me on skype and help me? I have teamviewer and stuff as well. I just really want my server to run well again, as of last night it started shitting itself :[

My skype is: ChewyDuck
    My teamviewer is a secret that you will get once you add me on skype :|

25. Offline

Karunamon

I'm in the same boat here - plugins are showing as loaded and absolutely none of their functions do anything. The MOTD from general isn't showing either.

26. Offline

ddoolin

Build 79 is having this "issue," though by the looks of it, it's not an issue. I wish there had been an announcement of some sort, as we all update ASAP. Anyway, time to go check this...

EDIT: Yep. All you have to do is use a # in front of everything. Oh well, NBD really. Thanks for the assist.

27. Offline

4am

Um, wishful thinking, but hey0 is NOT coming back, and neither is hMod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.