build 1015 Implemented maxheight ? does that mean what i think it means?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by mrgreaper, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mrgreaper

2. Offline

LaLa

I don't think it's possible until 1.8 but I might be wrong. It should theoretically work, but block placement is client side so it might not work without a client mod to allow the player to build above the height limit. I haven't looked into it much, so I might be wrong.

3. Offline

mrgreaper

it would make sense the limit would be in the client too, shame though, my players are getting excited about 1.8 more for the extra height then the adventuer stuff lol would be nice to create a world that has a 256 hieght (512 might make the server scream obsenitys at me) and see what the lag is like and what plugins suffer from vertigo related errors :)

oh well time will tell

4. Offline

Raqn

Don't forget, Bukkit devs do have access to MC source and therefore know whats coming up in the future.

5. Offline

mrgreaper

this is true and a hopeful point :) though there is no eta on 1.8 so i doubt they would add support for it yet when it is likely months away

6. Offline

cholo71796

Looking at the change in source I'd say no, it does not mean what you think it means.

Also, builds that aren't recommended are still downloadable and usable. Try it out for yourself, if you want.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. Offline

mrgreaper

i try to avoid non RB builds as i have a fair few players lol

8. Offline

DrAgonmoray

The fact that they have that method at all is foreshadowing 1.8. :D

9. Offline

Raphfrk

mrgreaper likes this.
  10. Offline

mrgreaper

11. Offline

cholo71796

12. Offline

Raphfrk

Well, there is a limit to what you can do by updating the server. If the client checks chunk heights before accepting them from the server, then there is little Bukkit can do.

However, if the new chunk format has a height field, then they can set it to anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.