BUG - Kicked on using L-Shift to stand up

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Jnorr44, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jnorr44

In my plugin, a player is placed in last stand when damaged enough. It used to be that the only way the player could stand up was to be picked up by a friend. Now though, with the Horse update, the player can use L-Shift to stand up. This causes a bit of a bug where the player is detected moving illegally, and is kicked from the game. There are a few solutions that I have thought through to solve this issue, yet I do not know how to implement these:

- Disallowing the use of L-Shift while the player is in last stand
    - Cancelling the stand-up event (which I have yet to find, don't think there is one)

This one I know how to do, yet it is a last resort:
    - Cancelling the kick and re-sitting the player down.

Does anyone know how to implement any of these (preferrable without the use of NMS/OBC, but as a last resthose are acceptable)? If so, it would be a great help!

2. Offline

EcMiner

Maybe, i am not sure, but maybe you can do something with VehicleExitEvent to cancel the Shift Exit

3. Offline

Jnorr44

I'll definitely look into it and let you know if it works.

EDIT - It worked! Thanks... I thought so.. new problem. I will bump and add the new problem to this thread.

4. Offline

Jnorr44

Alright, new problem. The vehicleexit event didn't work, so I just moved up the entity to which I was making the player sit on (an arrow) 2 blocks up. The new problem is that not only does that seem to work (even when cancelling the vehicleexitevent), but it kills the player... does anyone know of a way to prevent the L-Shift cleanly or to make the player sit in another way?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.