Bucket & Lava

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by crameep, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

crameep

I've just downloaded the latest craftbukkit, has anyone noticed that you can't pick up lava with a regular bucket? And that it is almost impossible to stop the flow of water without blocking it ALL off.

2. Offline

neron

I can confirm the problem with water. If you place a block on the water source, the water will continue to float just like you never placed the block there. As soon as you destroy the placed block, water stops floating.

3. Offline

Plague

What does "latest craftbukkit" mean? I am running 132 and do not see a problem.

4. Offline

crameep

Latest as in 3 minutes before i posted i downloaded ant tested again. Not really sure which number it is, is there a way to tell.

5. Offline

Plague

No you have to know which you dowloaded from here. Well I am running 132 which currently is latest and I do not have a problem with water blocks. Try removing all plugins, then running server without bukkit and test the problem.

6. Offline

crameep

Ok, the bucket does work,( latest) but its a little sketchy, theres some natural water falls in the area and it WILL NOT let me take any watter from it, but if i grab watter from a still source or the ocean it works, havent found a suitable place to test Lava yet.

Edit : Some further testing once water is placed from bucket it can't be still unless in the 1x1 enclosed area and flowing water cant be still'ed either, and the water placed cant be retrived in bucket unless from the source block

7. Offline

Plague

The edit is somewhat not understandable, but default minecraft behavious is that you can only take source water tiles, not those generated by waterfalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.