Solved Broken Nether Portals

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by JGSBroadcast, Jan 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

JGSBroadcast

On my Bukkit server nether portals are currently not working. What I mean is that you can't go into the nether. I've downloaded and setup Multiverse/Multiverse-NetherPortals and enabled Nether in Server Properties. Also whenever someone tries to break a portal the portal blocks just stay there. Screenshots:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's my plugin list:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

Bukkit Version: CraftBukkit version git-Bukkit-262c777 (MC: 1.8) (Implementing API version 1.8-R0.1-SNAPSHOT)
    This issue has been bugging me for a long time and I've tried all that I can think of.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
  2. Offline

Bobcat00

What build of Multiverse-Netherportals are you using? I've found dev build 681 is needed for proper operation.

What are the names of your regular and nether worlds?

3. Offline

mrCookieSlime

Moved to Alternatives Section.

4. Offline

JGSBroadcast

Ah I have Multiverse-NetherPortals Build 675. I'll try the out the new build.

Nether Portals still don't work. The names of my regular and nether worlds are Survival and Survival_nether. I have already linked them with Multiverse-NetherPortals

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2016
  5. Offline

teej107

@JGSBroadcast Are you certain that Multiverse is causing this issue?

6. Offline

JGSBroadcast

@teej107 No, I never said It was Multiverse, thats why I provided a list of my plugins.

7. Offline

teej107

@JGSBroadcast Like you, I don't know what plugin could cause this issue. If this was happening to me, I would uninstall each plugin to see if the problem still persists to get the plugin that is causing the issue..

8. Offline

Bobcat00

I'm not familiar with them, but I wonder if you could have a conflict with TeleportationTools and/or WarpPortals. Maybe try without them and see what happens...

EDIT: From the WarpPortals documentation: "You can change whether normal Nether/End portals function. For example, setting this to false would mean that when a player walked through a Nether portal that they activated with flint, nothing would happen." So that seems like a potential cause of your problem. I'd start with removing this plugin entirely and seeing what happens.

EDIT II: Ha, ha, I see TeleportationTools is your own plugin. :)

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  9. Offline

JGSBroadcast

Yep that did the trick. I had wanted to switch from WarpPortals to Multiverse-Portals anyways. Thanks for your help @Bobcat00 and @teej107

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.