bPermisssions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by chaseoes, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

chaseoes

Can't get it to work for the life of me.

I have this in custom_nodes.yml:
    Code:
    permissions:
        emeraldsmc.builder:
        - commandbook.spawn

And this in groups.yml for my world:
    Code:
      builder:
        permissions:
        - emeraldsmc.builder
        groups: []
        meta:
          prefix: 'abc'
          suffix: '&3123'

Yet players in the 'builder' group can't use the /spawn command. What gives?

2. Offline

Omnitv

Hey, chaseoes.
    any erros coming from console?

3. Offline

chaseoes

Omnitv None. There is, however, a dinosaur on startup? :p

4. Offline

TnT

Ignoring the custom_nodes.yml (aka, giving builders the commandbook.spawn node) - does it work?
    If so, try using the permissions.yml for that very same idea. If that works, you may have a good workaround.

Not sure what to say about the custom_nodes.yml, try to jump on IRC and join #banancode.

5. Offline

ohtwo

This never worked for me. I've tried multiple times and in multiple different ways. I created a ticket for it, but it was never answered. :/

6. Offline

Omnitv

Lets see if we can get codename_B 's attention then.

7. Offline

codename_B

I believe the issue here is WEPIF queries the bPermissions API directly (so parent/child trees won't work as expected in some cases).
    If you (can you do this) set WEPIF to "superperms" mode, it should work, alternative you could just set the permissions manually.
    There's a bit of an inconsistency in the way plugins query for permissions, and I've not yet found a 100% way to reconcile it.
    We'll get there.

8. Offline

ohtwo

Alright, good to know. I think people should be aware of this. I ended up spending a few hours trying to figure out if I was doing something wrong, and looking at other configs, and trying out different settings.

9. Offline

codename_B

If you look at how commandbook handles perms, it should explain the WEPIF.yml

10. Offline

chaseoes

Any idea how to set it to "superperms" mode? Looking at the file isn't telling me much.

11. Offline

codename_B

Do they have any documentation on it? I'm not sure at all.
    I just know some folks have done it successfully.

12. Offline

Gunnerrrrr

Wait, if emeraldsmc.builder is the permission, then whats - commandbook.spawn?

13. Offline

codename_B

A child node?
    Superperms has a batshit parent/child system rather than the traditional wildcard noding so it can lead to unexpected behaviour, especially if a plugin queries the bPermissions API rather than the superperms api.

14. Offline

chaseoes

Pretty much no documentation on the wiki.

I removed bPermissionsResolver from the enabled list and now /spawn works.. but other permissions do not.

At this point I'm thinking of turning to PEX. *shivers*

15. Offline

Omnitv

:p welcome to pex the land of proken pixies and burnt chicken.

16. Offline

codename_B

The reason PEX works is that it overrides the permissions build into bukkit with its own ;)
    But seriously, if you avoid using custom nodes and instead use groups to do the same thing (you can give people multiple groups!!!) then you can get exactly the same effect :)

17. Offline

chaseoes

I originally tried using group inheritance, but couldn't get it to work.. when I assigned the commandbook.spawn permission to the default group and made it inherit builders, the builders could use it but the people in the default group couldn't..

18. Offline

ohtwo

I've had some issues with the latest versions, actually, where inheritance was acting funny. It seems also that the latest versions don't just allow OPs to do everything if their group doesn't have the specified permission.

19. Offline

ImpulsiveVenom

Dat Groupmanager thooooo.

20. Offline

codename_B

I'm releasing an update (as we speak) which should hopefully counter these issues.

21. Offline

ohtwo

Awesome. Could you explain how priority in terms of having certain permissions work? i.e.

Group A:
    - ^permissionA.node

Group B:
    - permissionA.node
    groups:
    - Group A

Now say I have PlayerOne. PlayerOne has both groups A and B assigned (this is the setup I'm forced to use). Does PlayerOne have permission to use permissionA.node?

22. Offline

codename_B

Certainly, the group with the highest priority takes preference!
    (Why would you assign both groups, assigning just groupB would work in this case)
    Alternatively, just remove the inheritance of GroupA from groupB

I run tests to test inheritance up to 99 levels and it works for me, so it could just be an error in your file.

23. Offline

ohtwo

I use a plugin called WPAuth which checks my forum database and automatically assigns a specified group within the game if the username is found on the forum database. The thing is, if a user is in a group that isn't Citizen, it will set the user to Citizen. This means that a guest will be upgraded (if registered, as intended), but an admin will also be set to Citizen (not intended). The only way for me to fix this is to give Citizen to admins as well. :/

EDIT: I always thought priority applied only to prefixes/suffixes.
    EDIT EDIT: I actually recently removed inheritance because I found out it was redundant. Haha.

24. Offline

codename_B

So, we're good?

25. Offline

ohtwo

I think so. I think the only problems I have stem from the way some plugins are handling permissions. Thanks for answering my questions!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.