Solved bPermissions Not Displaying Prefixes

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ===RhysyB===, Oct 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

===RhysyB===

Hi, I have just set up my permissions and then found out that the only rank that displays a prefix is the default one which shouldn't even be a rank! If you could help me that would be really great I am running 1.7.5 craftbukkit and have a 64 bit windows operating system. I would really like this fixed and if someone could help me that would be awesome! Thanks - RhysyB

2. ===RhysyB=== Put the config in pastebin and post it here.

3. Offline

===RhysyB===

4. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

He didnt mean the actual config.yml. Please post the file in which the permissions and rank names are edited. And if you can, check the console for any error bugs concerning the plugin and or logs.

5. Offline

HawkSoldier

I rather advice doing a more developed group plugin like Pex or Groupmanager!

6. Offline

===RhysyB===

bwfcwalshy OTF Catastrophe pastebin.com/T61DXSsJ

HawkSoldier I cannot seem to find a download link for PEX that works for 1.7.5

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  7. Offline

OTF Catastrophe

Yes PermissionsEx is prefered but its true PEX does not have a download for that version. What I suggest is doing the prefixes in game. bPermissions command to do that is:
    /user meta prefix (prefix) (their name)
    BUT if you wish to give a specific group a prefix do this:
    /group meta prefix (prefix)
    Then reload the plugin or server! :D

8. Offline

===RhysyB===

OTF Catastrophe I have done this and it did seem to work until I reload the server and then it removes the prefixes.

9. Offline

JaguarJo

===RhysyB=== You used tabs in your file. Never use tabs, that makes the file break when the plugin loads. You can paste your file into an online YAML parser and it'll show you every line that has a tab in it. The error message for tabs looks like this: "while scanning for the next token found character '\t' that cannot start any token".

Get rid of every tab and correct all of your indentation using regular spaces. Make sure you have all of your sections lined up correctly for bPermissions' formatting. If you use a program like Notepad++ for file editing, you may be getting tabs added automatically every time you go to the next line. To turn that off, go into Notepad's settings and change it so that it converts tabs to spaces.

Edit: To find older downloads of PEX you would need to go to this page: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/permissionsex/files/
    The version that would probably work best with 1.7.5 would be this one: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/permissionsex/files/30-permissions-ex-v1-21-3/
    Honestly, unless you're really unhappy with bPermissions, there is no reason for you to switch permissions plugins. The problems you are having are common YAML formatting errors, which would still be a problem for you even if you were using PEX or GM.

10. Offline

===RhysyB===

JaguarJo Thanks so much! You solved my potentially server braking problem. Thanks again - RhysyB

JaguarJo likes this.
  11. Offline

AGC-Intra

Manually. Jaguar provided a link to an online YAML parser. Paste your .yml files there and it will tell you exactly where the issues are. Until your .yml fully passes that parser test it will never work correctly.
    Edit your files in a program like Notepad++ which would turn the line in question red until the issue is fixed.
    Great YAML Tutorial here shows even how to setup Notepad++ to turn Tabs into spaces for yml editing.

JaguarJo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.