Book of rules! [1.3]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by DinoScope, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Offline

DinoScope

So, as we all know, there's going to be a "Book And Quill" item in 1.3.

And a lot of servers have a /rules command to show the rules, or maybe a sign board.

But those things are so 1.2.5! With this new item, could it be possible to give new players a pre-written book and quill that you could fill with a custom message (i.e. rules)?

If it IS possible, would someone be willing to make it for me? Thanks! :D

2. As soon as bukkit supports the functions I'll create such a plugin. (or a similar one)

LiLChris likes this.
  3. Offline

Pew446

I'm looking forward to this

4. Offline

np98765

Umm... I don't understand. -_- Why can't you just write and publish the book yourself? What's the point of the plugin? ??

5. Offline

DinoScope

It would give players a pre-written book on first join. It would take AGES to write a new book every time a new player joins.

6. Offline

np98765

Well, I'm not sure how book data is saved, but I'm assuming it's the same/similar to maps. Why can't you just give a book with the same data on login? Maybe that's not possible...

7. Offline

DinoScope

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. You can give players a block ID in FirstJoinPlus, but I don't think that'd work with a pre-written book.

8. Offline

np98765

Well, I know that maps are saved like so: map_x, where x is any number.

I would assume books be saved the same way?

9. Offline

DinoScope

Maybe. Would I be able to give a player a map_x?

10. Offline

np98765

Yeah, you could use the item code 358:x (I believe that's the item code... That's from memory). The data would be the map number.

11. Offline

karatetoes

you are allowed to give published books and I have seen a server use a map to write text on and use each map as the next page when they first join because the map like stated above is map_x so it could work. I think the server was legendary islands but im not sure but I will find out for sure and see if they will let me know if the plugin is available

12. Offline

np98765

That might not be a plugin. It is possible to add maps externally, so they could create it and add it to the world folder.

EDIT: On this note, does anyone know which directory maps are saved to?

13. Offline

Omnitv

maps? wadu mean?

14. Offline

karatetoes

well on Legendary Islands they were able to use text in the map and when someone joined for the first time they were given the maps that had the text Legendary Islands put on it

so it really wasnt a map just more of a book :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  15. Offline

Deathmarine

My first book plugin will be a full fledged email client. pop3 For life.

16. Offline

karatetoes

what do you mean a full-fledged email client
    like email integration or like essentials /mail?