Block Switching

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Cilerba, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Cilerba

I was wondering if there was a plugin out there that would allow a player to simply punch a block and it'd change to a different block. (example: a player tapping a pumpkin with a stick, or even his/her fist, and it'd change into a jack o' lantern)

If there isn't a plugin, and nobody would like to make it, I have been dabbling around with client modding, so if someone were to sort of guide me in the right direction to how I'd go about making a plugin like this one, that'd be great.

2. Offline

Celeo

WorldEdit provides this feature in addition to many, many others. If you want a very simple plugin to do just this, I'll do it for you. I still recommend WorldEdit, though.

Here you are: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11962432/BlockSwitching.jar

The command to turn on flagging is /switch [block id to switch from] [block id to switch to]
    Then just click away.
    To turn it off, the command is /switch off

Enjoy, and let me know if there is anything that you have a problem with or need.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  3. Offline

Cilerba

Well, I do use WorldEdit already, but I was sort of looking for a plugin that's a bit more subtle, and doesn't use as much commands.

I'm testing out your plugin now, I'll edit this post with my thoughts on it. Thanks a bunch, by the way.

Edit: Works great, thanks!

4. Offline

Celeo

I completely understand. :)

You're very welcome, glad it's useful!