Block Protection

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by khazoids, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

khazoids

I've been looking for a good block protection plugin that automatically protects the blocks that you place, I haven't been able to find one that works correctly and the ones I've seen on other servers use MySQL, I don't understand how it works or how to setup MySQL.

2. Offline

OverSizedRabbit

I personally use logblock but if you want it to work right you need to learn how to connect your server to a mysql database first.

3. Offline

khazoids

I have never touched or gone near MySQL before, any tutorials how?

BUMP

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  4. Offline

ImminentFate

blocklog, or even SWatchdog, can work without MySQL. Give them a go. These don't protect them though, but they provide a means of recovery and identification of a griefer if something happens.

You could also use worldguard and/or Towny, which give you region management in the case of WorldGuard, and town plots in towny. These give you protection over a section of the map, which can be changed.

Also, in future, don't bump your own thread until at lease 24 hours has past. Especially don't if it still appears on the first 2 pages of the help section.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  5. Offline

jacklin213

khazoids download wamp which comes with MySQL if u want it

6. Offline

khazoids

jacklin213 so I can download wamp and then one of the above block protection plugins and it will work with the block placement protection function?

ImminentFate Got it, won't bump anymore.

7. Offline

Nucious

Use Watchblock and search on youtube how to setup a MYSQL database with MC servers, and if it has a WAMP guide, you got the right video. Its quite simple, I knew nothing about local host MYSQL until I started an MC server. Although I always knew about it with Sites and Forums.

8. Offline

ImminentFate

that's alright, I know how frustrating it can be when you need something and cant get help for it :p

9. Offline

jacklin213

good luck

10. Offline

astroskillz

WatchBlock. I use it on my server, works great. /wallow to allow players. Very easy to use!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.