Block Logging W/O SQL

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Larry Bob, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Larry Bob

After spending many hours to create a MySQL database for LogBlock, much effort was wasted as I realized the plugin did not work. I am now looking for a logging plugin that does NOT use MySQL or any other database that needs installing. And yes, I have tried Log, it doesn't work well at all.

2. Logblock works fine. Make sure your bukkit build is the latest [1.0.1-R1]. And your logblock version is the latest 1.5 (I think)

Flatfile for a plugin like this doesn't work out well. It'll slowdown the server.

3. @Larry Bob
    1. It works
    2. Without MySQL any plugin such as LogBlock would LAGG your server. And with "LAGG" I mean HEAVY laggs.

4. Offline

nickrak

5. Offline

thescreem

Here's an updated 1.0 version of my plugin, SuperLog. Check out the thread in my signtaure for more details. Basically, it logs without databases.

The download is here. ;)

6. Offline

nala3

if you spent hours trying to make a database for LB, your doing it wrong..

Code:
    CREATE DATABASE logblock;
    and if your not using root
    Code:
    GRANT select,insert,update,delete on logblock.* to someUser@yourHost identified by "password";
    derp I think?

7. Offline

nickrak

SuperLog has no roll-back abilities. If and when they are, they will be inherently slow because any search on a flat file is O(n) [best and worst case]. Databases search much faster than that. So if you ever want rollback, you should take the plunge and install MySQL.

I'm not sure how you spent hours setting it up. I can walk you through a MySQL install in maybe 30 minutes for windows, 5 minutes for linux.