Block IP range or block anonymous proxies

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FunCraft, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FunCraft

So a hacker keeps getting on my server and he uses Anonymous Proxies to enter so IP banning doesn't work.I banned his username but he just keeps getting on Admins accounts(idk how i have an offline mode server with xAuth installed)and griefs everything

The first time he join with his username (Szakalo) he gaved himself OP (i didn't thought it was possible) and he the did /xauth changepw [adminusername] [somepassword] and changed the passwords of my Admins and also changed my password(i am the owner)
    I changed my password back but he keeps changing it!

I use EssentialsGeoIp to discover from what country are my users from,and in the userdata of Szakalo says geolocation: Anonymous Proxy and i want to know if Essentials can block persons from this location

If that is not possible can i ban an IP range like this (ex:85.67.7.*) so i can stop him from getting on my server?

Thanks.

2. Offline

Bertware

Ban the username. (if online mode is enabled)
    I quickly wrote this program (VB.NET 2.0, .NET framework 2.0 required)
    You have to enter the first part of the IP (example 85.67.7 or 85.67 ) and the program will generate a banned-ips.txt file with all IPs :)
    Once you got the generated list, just add those IP's to your banned-ips.txt :)

http://bertware.net/software/IPBlock.exe
    You have to run the file as administrator (It needs rights to create the new file, or append an existing file)

3. Offline

h0us3cat

online-mode=true
    problem solved

tyzoid, Omnitv, JohnTheRipper and 3 others like this.
  4. Offline

Vettexl

Could you post a VirusTotal analysis of the file? :)

5. Offline

Bertware

6. Offline

Vettexl

7. Offline

CryLegend

If someone has keep the program for me =p The link is dead =(

8. Offline

Omnitv

No one here supports offline mode servers. so buy the game and have you're friends buy the game. and no more problems will occur.
    Fire in the hole! TnT

9. Offline

TnT

There is no way to fix this other than turning your server online. There is nothing we can do to support you if you wish to stay in offline mode. Even if we wanted to help, there is no offline mode defense against these attacks.

If you want to run an offline mode server, and want it public, you might as well get used to dealing with those attacks. They won't end until you give up, or turn your server online.

There is a reason you do not see popular servers in offline mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.