Block Generation Question

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by LordVakar, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LordVakar

My friend wants me to develop a plugin for him and I have some questions.
    He wants to be able to use a command like /ship create and the plugin will generate blocks of a ship for him and tp the person who used the command to the ship. There would also be a block limit between each ship like each ship is 100 blocks away from each other.
    Is this possible? I've never seen any plugins that do that except for uSkyBlock. It generates a skyblock island and has a config for blocks between each other.
    But I don't know if that plugin specifies blocks to make the island. But I think this is possible because of that plugin.
    Can anyone tell me if this is possible and possibly how to code it?
    Thanks.

2. Offline

Lecrayen

Sorry to say this but this isn't just a simple "method", this plugin would take a lot of planning and thinking since you'd need to specify the block's position in correlation to several other locations, not to mention saving the location of each ship to some sort of database/config. It isn't as simple as just placing blocks like normal minecraft, you'd have to customize your own schematic for it and determine how the blocks will be placed (for instance if they collide, which one will take priority. or if they would make unnatural terrain - how would that be handled)

3. Why not use Shematics File of WorldGuard/Edit ?
    You would have to create all the Ships and save them as Shematic File With WorldEdit
    You create like 10 Ships, and they can be spawned with commands like /ship 1
    /ship 1 will load the shematic file "ship"

But i dont know if the WorldEdit API provides Shematic Acess

4. Offline

LordVakar

I hope it would be as simple as Minecraft Modding Generating Structures....
    Seems harder.
    I'll look at the schematics thing. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.