Big newspaper plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Sketaful, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Ok. This is going to be kinda hard to explain in English since it's not my main language, but here goes.

I would like to have a newspaper on my server. The way I want the newspaper to work is that it is a physical paper. Either it is written in a book, on a map or something like that and it will be sold where I want and not through any command (I'd like it to be sold by an npc that walks around in town and shouts "buy your news here!" :p)

These news will be about everything from new things on the server to information about players, events ingame etc.

I like players to be able to apply to work as a news reporter and that their apply should be sent in from a special place (news headquarters). When a player apply for a job as a reporter the apply will be sent to whoever have the right permission to grant a job as a reporter and that person can then grant or deny the player a job.

All news will be turned in at the news office and a set time (day, week whatever) the newspaper will be updated with the reports thats been turned in and the old news will be deleted.
    This way the newspaper will always be "fresh" without anyone haveing to update the npc's inventory (the one selling the newspaper).

Since this is automatic I'd also like an easy way to fire players from the job and banning them (for a set time?) from applying for the job again. This to get rid of those writing crap. :p

I do know this will most probably not be possible to do and that my explaination och it all is messy, but I had to ask cause this has been going round and round in my mind so long now. :)

Cheers

devilquak likes this.
  2. Offline

skipperguy12

Cool idea, but it would be long, boring, and hard to code. Especially the time ban.

Great idea anyways, if I ever start a survival server, might aswell use this.

3. Well. Actually the ban isn't really needed since the people that have the perms to grant anyone a job should be informed who are not allowed to. :)