Better run.sh needed!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by sillyrosster, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

sillyrosster

I need a better run script, one that will start me up without using a lot of ram. Here is my current run.sh:
    Code:
     #!/bin/bash
     screen java -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -jar craftbukkit.jar nogui

Posting here because I want to know how you guys start your server. I know how to edit it, just seeing other peoples.. stuff.. yeah.. get it?

2. Offline

pauldemonkey

well this part controls your ram:
    -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M
    Switch it out with this to use less ram:
    -Xincgc -Xmx1024M

other people will have commands for optimizations, but i just run the basics. Btw that switches it from 2gb ram to 1gb

3. Offline

sillyrosster

Is this just on startup or how much ram I want to go to the server?

4. Offline

dark_hunter

That is how much ram the server will use all the time.

5. Offline

sillyrosster

I don't want it to use less ram while the server is running, just on startup.

6. Offline

dak393

That has to do with craftbukkit and java starting up not much you can do there but I've never had a problem with it why are you experience huge spikes in ram usage?

7. Offline

dark_hunter

Why just on start up?

8. Offline

dak393

Seems he wants it to be less taxing on his computer when he first starts it, most programs spike in usage of pu and ram when first started up. Still I've never seen a big issue with Bukkit.

9. Offline

sillyrosster

The server is dedicated. I get memory leaks, but a lot of people do, so I know it isn't my system.

10. Offline

sillyrosster

I want it start with only using 1 gig of ram and then as people get on slowly get up to the max of 2 gig. I have seen someone do this, but they wouldn't share their run script with me.. for some reason. Any way to do this?

11. Offline

Bakuhatsu

I recon it is like what paul said, just change the Xmx he had posted there to 2G, it will start with the minimum possible and increase until limit.

12. Offline

Baummann

Code:
    java -Xmx2560M -Xms2560M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    That's what I use and it runs fine with over 48 plugins.

13. Offline

dylanhansch

java -Xmx2048M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar

14. Offline

sillyrosster

Did you seriously just reply to something I posted in 2011..? Bro, read the rules.

15. Offline

dylanhansch

I did not look at when this was posted, I was browsing the internet for an issue I was personally having, and I saw this so I decided to help out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.