Best way to track IPs

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by mbaxter, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

So, thanks to this lovely bug , I can't track IPs of people that I deny access to the server. How can I get around this? I don't want to just be tracking those who join, but those who attempt to join.

2. Offline

Whiskers

player.getAddress(); returns a InetSocketAddress

try
    Code:
    public void onPlayerLogin(PlayerLoginEvent event) {
        Player player = event.getPlayer();
        System.out.println(player.getAddress().getHostName());
    }
    .getHostName() will return the ip address as a string like 127.0.0.1

3. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

You don't seem to have read the bug link I posted. You can't do player.getAddress() because for some reason at the time of PLAYER_LOGIN the Player doesn't have an address stored in the right place.

I don't understand it because I figured if you can see the IP in the logs a moment later under disconnection.

Does PLAYER_KICK fire for people who have been disconnected at the stage of PLAYER_LOGIN? That might be able to help me get around this bug for now, since after a month of it not being fixed I don't see it as being high priority.

4. Offline

Whiskers

kk nvm my bad so did not see your using onPlayerLogin. i dont think the address is stored when onPlayerLogin is called so to my knowledge there is no way to get it.

5. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Does anyone have any ideas for this, such as would my KICK idea work? Does PLAYER_KICK fire for players rejected during PLAYER_LOGIN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.