best start/run file for 64bit liunx

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by woodzy, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

woodzy

Im hopeing some one can give me a good start file for liunx 64bit system heres my current (i use itemcraft) adn i do want my GUI inter face its a decated server i have root access if needed the start/run file has to be something like this
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    cd "${0%/*}"; java -Xincgc -Xmx2500M -Xms2500M -cp ItemCraft.jar:craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar org.bukkit.craftbukkit.Main

2. Offline

DerpDetonator

Go to the bukkit wiki, and look at their tutorial on setting up a server.

3. Offline

woodzy

thats for a 32bit system and there start file is diffrent then mine

4. Offline

DerpDetonator

Did you read the whole thing, including the stuff in the links?

5. Offline

woodzy

yes

6. Offline

DerpDetonator

Well, I don't use linux, so that's all i know to say

7. Offline

woodzy

i dont meen to be rude but thanks for the help and why post after the wiki help if you didnt know liunx?

8. Offline

dak393

So only improvements would maybe be to alter garbage collect, maybe set ram to 2560 XD just to be 2.5G exactly

9. Offline

woodzy

not what im looking for im looking for 64 bit run/start file based on mine

bumb

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  10. Offline

sysmouse

Is there a difference between 32bit and 64bit for start script? Lol!

11. Offline

jududdar

The only thing I could recommend, and it may not make a difference, is not set an Xms, or set it low. On my server, I just use -Xingc and -Xmx commands - and just because i'm OCD, I would definite make 2500 into 2560 to get the full 2.5G (or just use 2.5G, I think that works too)

12. Offline

croxis

Only other thing I can think of adding for 64bit java is the -server flag

13. Offline

woodzy

i cant use more ram then whats set but STILL not snswer to getting the 64 going i have the 64bit java just WAITING!

14. Offline

Zalastri

If 64 bit java is installed and set to be invoked when you do "java" then it should work... no magic needed. No additional magic anyway. You could try -d64 to force using 64 bit if available, but it shouldn't be necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.