Best plugins for an unattended public survival server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by crazydog, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

crazydog

Hey there everyone:

I am quite familiar with the plugin offering that Bukkit has, although I haven't been around for a few months. I've been waiting for the official release an an RB for it. (yay!)

Anyway, I have a private server set up that myself and some friends play on, but I'm also interested in running a public server.

Does anyone have suggestions on plugins that would make it the easiest to run an unattended public server?
    The most important things I need are:
    -Protection that users can define, but is not infinite (i.e. someone cannot protect the entire world)
    -Private chests, etc.
    -Economy

As I said, I'm aware of some plugins that do the above, but I'd just like some suggestions from you guys about what you think would be the best for a server I want to set up and let the public have it, with little or no intervention from me.

2. Offline

LEOcab

lol "unattended". h@xx0r land.

Area protection: WorldGuard (remember that /region define and /region redefine don't do size/bounds checks so only give permission to /region claim; also remember to get WorldGuard Piston Fix so people don't bypass protection using pistons)
    Chest/door protection: LWC (you can change what you want to protect in the config, in case you only want chests)
    Economy: Essentials (trade items through signs, etc.)

3. Offline

saul100

Area Protection: WorldGuard and Towny
    Chest/Door protection: LWC or Lockette.
    Economy: iConomy+ChestShop+VirtualShop
    Overall/All-in-one: Essentials or Commandbook

I recommend you install HawkEye and WorldEdit to de-greif and rollback griefers.
    You might want to try WorldBorder to stop your map getting to big.

4. Offline

Typhoon5

Yeah, i'd definitely recommend hawk and WE, i'd also try to find a good spam stopper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.