Best batch file for a minecraft server?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by scout109, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

scout109

* edit * Ok I solved that now anyone here know stuff about RAMDisk? When my server launches java, is java running in my RAM or do I have to install it into the RAM drive and point the batch to it?

2. Offline

feildmaster

The batch file doesn't really do anything, but use this:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
    PAUSE
    if that gives you an error use:
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
     "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx1G -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
     PAUSE
    1600G, as much as I'd love to see that... Is the wrong amount. if you're trying 1600MB, maybe that'd work in a 32 bit version... Anything more than 1GB is for 64 bit version of JAVA

3. Offline

ichingpow

I doubt you have 1600G of memory, that would mean you have 1.5625 terabytes of RAM.

I recommend:
    @echo off
    java -Xincgc -Xmx1536M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui

(and exactly that, not more not less.)
    Edit: Damn, fieldmaster beat me to it!

4. Offline

feildmaster

@ichingpow lol, that I did. =P
    I personally use 3GB's on my server... (Just because I can.)

5. Offline

scout109

opps, thats 1600M not G i copied that from the bukkit wiki and changed the number to what i use but forgot to change the letter. also how do i make the batch file set the server priority to realtime?

6. Offline

feildmaster

Would you mind elaborating on that a little?

7. Offline

JWhy

Code:
    start /realtime <application>
    Thats the windows command

8. Offline

scout109

Thanks :3. Also should load my server into ramdisk? I heard that really helps solve lag issues

9. Offline

feildmaster

@JWhy I'm missing something here. What does that do? (Gotta satisfy my curiosity...)

10. Offline

JWhy

Well, it starts <app> with the priority "realtime". You can use low, normal and high too (maybe higher and lower, but who needs that :eek:). Same as taskmanager rightclick -> set priority, but as commandline command

11. Offline

feildmaster

@JWhy Ah... thanks for explaining.

12. Offline

scout109

Okay anyone here know stuff about RAMDisk? When my server launches java, is java running in my RAM or do I have to install it into the RAM drive and point the batch to it?

13. Offline

briankdk

This is the bat file im using (windowsXP and craftbukkit)

Do i need to change it ?
    java -version
    java -Xmx1536m -Xms1536m -jar craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.2.jar
    pause

Im having server crashes....server dosent crash, but players cant connect..... after a restart everything wordks great iagain for 5-6-7 hours, andt then poeple cant connect again... and the restart....everything is great again......

Server ip (if you wanna try.... and see if you can figure out what is wrong):

Until 4-5 days ago server had no problems, and could run for days without problems... have updatede the jar, and a few plugins....thats it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.