Best answer

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Funergy, Oct 27, 2014.

?

Should we add this?

1. YES, definitely

25.0%
  2. mhm, It would be usefull. but...

50.0%
  3. Nah sorry.

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Funergy

Hello guys
    I've thought about something cool to have.
    and lots of other users would love.

So what I'm talking about is theres an Xenforo addon to let the thread user/Community choose the best reply. and when its the best reply/answer it will put on top of the page content.
    We should enable it in Plugin Development and Bukkit Help.

This helps users to find the answer of their problem faster. because sometimes there are so many answers that are not solving the problem.

Regards Funergy.

And some users I wanted to tag because I want to know what they think about this.
    fireblast709 Skionz CraftCreeper6

2. Offline

CraftCreeper6

Funergy
    Could work, although this would require a lot of looking after as there are many trolls out there.

Funergy likes this.
  3. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Funergy Doubt that it will work on here. Loads of things will get downvoted for no reason.

4. Offline

Funergy

timtower What I've said there's always an option to set that the Thread creator can choose the answer that helped him.

5. Offline

Funergy You would still get the same results, and besides that: I don't think that many people will use it. Just like the [Solved] and [Filled] tags.

6. Offline

Funergy

timtower I use it almost everytime
    EDIT: Even apple support uses it and it works fine

7. Offline

CraftCreeper6

timtower
    Some people never set their threads to solved / filled. The most part because they forget.
    EDIT: Funergy Apple, I hate. Don't know why, just hate them. Never ever had one of their products either.

8. Offline

Funergy That is apple support, they probably had it from the beginning, you want to introduce it on a community that is getting smaller.
    CraftCreeper6 That is my point, they will forget ( or just don't know about ) the best answer feature.
    And not some, most

9. Offline

CraftCreeper6

timtower
    Ah yes, I now realise what you are saying :) Funergy you realise they still have to vote right? They can forget this too (Or just not know about it as timtower said :)).

timtower likes this.
  10. Offline

fireblast709

Downvotes... DOWNVOTES... WHERE... WHERE... (I seriously need a downvote function at times)

pookeythekid, JaguarJo and Funergy like this.
  11. Offline

fireblast709 Downvotes on every poll in plugin requests

12. Offline

Funergy

13. Offline

pookeythekid

CraftCreeper6 Eh, I'd say a MacBook Pro running Windows 7 is one of the most powerful PCs to have.

Hah, almost ironic how that was upvoted.

14. Funergy This works on sites such as StackOverflow, but I wouldn't like to see it here. If it's not available throughout the whole forum (which would not be appropriate) it'd feel out of place. I also don't like seeing it in a forum setting, which I have done before. Often, there'll be a post that is at the top as it's the best answer, and they'll be expanding upon what someone else has already said, so then you have to scroll down to find what they said, then you can read the best answer which, as it's at the top, suggests that it should be first. It gets really annoying!

pookeythekid likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.